Longish stall

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/8/15 9:42 am - MI

I have been wondering how you were doing and progressing along. My suggestion would be to track everything and back to basics. Good luck!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Stacy_WLS
on 6/8/15 1:44 pm

The six month mark is when I hit diet fatigue.  I stopped being as diligent and allowed some previously off limits food back into my diet.  

I Lost another 15 lbs or so over the following year.  Definitely track and make sure you know how much you are really getting.  

Unfortunately if you are stalled you have reached the point where calories in = calories out.  Your choices are to accept this weight, move more, eat less or both.  

You could also be content for now and see how your body react over the next several months, but it sounds like you still want to lose more.  End ramble.  Good luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Sandra F.
on 6/9/15 6:02 am

I stalled for a little over a month in month's 5-6.  I found that tracking my food, changing my eating habits a bit (decreasing carbs), and increasing my activity level helped get the scale moving again.  I was so worried that I had lost all that I was going to lose, but the scale is moving again, so try not to worry too much.  Good luck to you!

Pamela M.
on 6/9/15 6:43 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Pretty much the same experience for me.  What has worked is this:  track EVERYTHING (and amount) you put in your mouth - I use myfitnesspal.  Keep rereading and reminding yourself of the basic rules that your surgeon and nutritionist gave you at the beginning.  For me, the weight loss slowed when I started having a bite of this, having a bite of that . . . relaxing on my regiment.  You have to stick to the plan as closely as possible for the weight to keep coming off.  Once I started keeping myself more accountable, the scale started creeping down again - the weight loss is slow but the general direction of the scale is downward and that's all that matters for me!  It's plain hard work but definitely worth it.  We have come too far to not reach goal and I am GOING TO REACH GOAL and you can too!  Best wishes.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Most Active