feelings

jellynjace
on 6/7/15 9:05 am

i am 4 days post op from my vertical sleeve gastrectomy and i feel like an emotional wreck. i dont think im taking in enough fluids or protein. it feels so hard to keep track. this gas pain is an on and off nightnare. when will i get it together?! im so sorry for the rant just a little frustrated this morning. 

Mary B.
on 6/7/15 10:46 am - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.  If you sip, sip, sip as much as you can and walk, walk walk, that should help get rid of 2 problems.  Don't worry about the protein right now.  Usually after about 4 days, you should be feeling better.

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

jellynjace
on 6/7/15 6:49 pm

Thank you Mary. i went for a walk today which made me feel SO much better. have been sipping clear liquids. Maybe not as much as i should though. i shall push forward i know it gets better from here

Sandra F.
on 6/7/15 12:50 pm

It will get better.  Hang in there! 

jellynjace
on 6/7/15 6:46 pm

thank you 

:-)  hugs

Dan1962
on 6/7/15 2:33 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Sip and walk as others have said.  I was very emotional also, everything was different.  I couldn't eat my breakfast on the fly any longer, had to get up early and make myself breakfast, and generally had to accept this was the new way.  It will work out great if you embrace it.  Good luck.

jellynjace
on 6/7/15 6:44 pm

Thank you so much Dan. i must keep in mind that this is a new journey and it gets better. i will definitely embrace it.