Thigh Lift/LBL Revisions Update at 5 Days Post Op - Pics Available

Nikke2003
on 6/6/15 6:25 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I will say though, that I don't have a strenuous job. Though, sometimes I am required to walk to a lot of meetings on campus... it's mostly a desk job. I don't have to be up and down, on my feet, teaching kids like you do!! But, it does seems as though I have been incredibly blessed with easy, fairly painless, and quick recoveries! I definitely don't take it for granted!

I hope you are doing well and ready for summer!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

breathemusic
on 6/2/15 1:34 pm

You definitely look amazing.  I followed your updates from the first surgery and now I love that I can see the new progress plus the fading of the previous scars and see that progress too!  Thanks to you, I'm planning to schedule a consult with Dr. Capella sometime soon and if I go with him, schedule a surgery for the winter holiday break.

I am curious to know if he's ever told you what % of clients end up needing a revision for the LBL and or the arm lift?

Anyway, congrats on looking fabulous!

Nikke2003
on 6/4/15 8:54 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey there, thanks! I can't recommend Dr. C enough. They are just wonderful there!

He didn't mention how often people need a revision for the LBL. When I consulted with him about the thighs, he said "Sometimes that happens, especially in cases where the patient has lost as much weight as you have" and so I'm thinking it's not SUPER common, but it does happen from time to time. He has never mentioned anything about the arms to me and I haven't noticed them needing any extra work! I think minor scar revisions are probably somewhat common though, but that's just a guess!

I guess I also still had some fluid buildup in my other thighs from the first surgery that may have caused the sag - which is why I'm tooling around with drains until tomorrow... ugh!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/2/15 2:29 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

You look great!!! It's those pie crust scars that would freak me out to no end. I know they flatten but I would still be totally paranoid that they would stay like that. How long do you get to keep the drains in?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Nikke2003
on 6/4/15 8:55 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Scott, the PA, had told me the first time around "they'll just start flattening around 6 weeks" and it really was like clockwork the first time. I could feel stiches sort of popping starting at 6 weeks and by 8 they were flat. It was crazy. They do look pretty gruesome in this stage!

Drains come out tomorrow, going back to NJ for a checkup. Can't wait to get these things out of me lol! He put them in for "the best result" according to the relayed message from my husband when he talked to him after surgery. I guess I can put up with them for a week if it means a better result lol

dtaylor24
on 6/2/15 3:46 pm - TN
VSG on 06/09/15

I briefly went and read your blog and you look amazing! I can barely see the scars left as they have healed nicely. You have inspired me so much as I am sure many more. Keep up the good work. I am going to continue to read your blogs. 

iloveravens
on 6/3/15 5:23 am
RNY on 08/13/14

I'm too scared to look at the pics, I'm a weirdo, but stuff like that makes me 

I'm glad you're home and on the mend :)  xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

ald731
on 6/3/15 6:51 am
VSG on 04/07/14

Nikke, You look so, SO fantastic. I hope your recovery progresses uneventfully. I'm not sure a thigh lift is in my future, but if my future brachioplasty looks anywhere as good as yours, I will be a very happy girl!

April:  HW- 323, SW-310, CW-159 (as of 9/25/15), Goal- 140; Pre-op (-13), M1 (-17), M2 (-16), M3 (-14), M4 (-13), M5 (-12), M6 (-8), M7 (-12), M8 (-8), M9 (-8), M10 (-5), M11 (-7), M12 (-5), M13 (-7), M14 (-0), M15 (-1), M16 (-5), M17 (-5)

jenorama
on 6/3/15 11:08 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I'm too chicken to look at the pics, but I wanted to ask if you had the kind of thigh lift with the incisions under the buttocks and pulled up that way or down the inner thigh--or both?  Mine are in terrible shape and I'm pretty sure it will require some extreme acton to get them back into shape.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.  I know it's a lot of hard work and $$$, but you are looking amazing.

Jen

Nikke2003
on 6/4/15 8:57 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Hey Jen! I'll try my best to describe it lol. I have two incisions that run from each side of my lady bits, all the way back through to the underside of my buttcrack (very medical terms, I know). Then, I have a long incision that starts at the groin and runs just past my knee on the inner thigh. So... they sort of make a "T" on each side. Crazy stuff!