Mac and Cheese pureed--allowed on your diet?

psychoticparrot
on 5/27/15 10:58 am

Pasta should be avoided not only because it's nutritionally empty, but also because (at least for me) it tends to clump together in the sleeve and can be difficult to digest. Maybe pureed pasta would go down easier, buy why bother when there are easier and higher-quality foods to choose from? On the other hand, mac and cheese ... mmmmmmm. No, I won't go there! 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

G3andBsMOM
on 5/27/15 11:17 am

I am 8 days out and my favorite is refried beans with shredded cheese on top.  I told my husband that is the best I have tasted in a couple of weeks. Its like crack!!

rumpole6
on 5/27/15 12:25 pm

I haven't had pasta since surgery either, because of the carbs, But I have had my eye on a quinoa based mac and cheese in the "healthy" section of my market. Has anyone had any experience with that?

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

rocky513
on 5/27/15 6:18 am, edited 5/27/15 6:19 am - WI

I think now is the time to change your relationship with food.  Replacing the old favorite with a "healthier"  version is really not a good idea.  Those alternative foods taste like crap and will usually trigger a craving for the real thing.  It's better to resign yourself to the fact that Mac & Cheese is not going to be a part of your life.... ever.  There are lots of wonderful, new foods for you to explore.  Foods that will make you feel good and taste good too.  Quinua is a healthy grain, but still very high in carbs and, if it comes in a box, it is heavily processed.  It would be better to eat fresh foods.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Luvmygs
on 5/27/15 12:48 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

I would definitely not tempt to have mac&cheese. My favorite was Trader Joe's refried beans with cheese, ricotta cheese with pasta sauce, my favorite Progresso soups pureed and lots of cottage cheese and sugar free fudgesicles.

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/15 7:52 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Pasta isn't allowed on mine until after 6 weeks out, and now that I've broken my carb addiction, I'm not sure I'm all that eager to add it back in. I made this tofu "mac" and cheese recipe last weekend and found it to be a surprisingly close substitute for mac and cheese though.

Most Active
Recent Topics