Nausea starting 3-1/2 weeks after sleeve

csharky
on 5/26/15 6:24 pm
VSG on 04/28/15

Hi. I was sleeved on April 28. For the most part its been uneventful.  I did get some acid reflux but that is gone with the prilosec. Last week I started getting nausea when I woke in the morning then it progressed to when I went to bed as well. Saturday it began bothering me off and on all day and has been that way through today. Dr prescribed hycosamine today. First dose didn't help. Prior to surgery I had high blood pressure and sleep apnea. Not diabetic. Anyone else experience this and if so how long did it last and what did you do to alleviate symptoms?  I haven't vomited but this nausea is keeping me down

Gwen M.
on 5/26/15 6:35 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

How much fluid are you getting in each day?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/15 6:36 pm

I'm wondering if you changed your food plan to a next stage on Friday or Saturday. Sometimes advancing to the next level of foods can cause upset. I know it did for me. Solids really bothered me for a while and I went back to soft solids for a few days. That helped me a lot.

hollykim
on 5/26/15 6:45 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 26, 2015 at 6:24 PM Pacific Time, csharky wrote:

Hi. I was sleeved on April 28. For the most part its been uneventful.  I did get some acid reflux but that is gone with the prilosec. Last week I started getting nausea when I woke in the morning then it progressed to when I went to bed as well. Saturday it began bothering me off and on all day and has been that way through today. Dr prescribed hycosamine today. First dose didn't help. Prior to surgery I had high blood pressure and sleep apnea. Not diabetic. Anyone else experience this and if so how long did it last and what did you do to alleviate symptoms?  I haven't vomited but this nausea is keeping me down

dehydration causes wicked nausea. Are you getting 64+ oz of liquid a day?

Lillydivine
on 5/26/15 7:05 pm
VSG on 04/13/15

I'd talk with your doctor again. I had the same problem that put me back in the hospital. Due to surgery, pain meds and foods, you can get some wicked constipation. It'll make ya seriously nauseated. Make sure you drink at least 64 ounces of fluid a day. It helps. And of course check with your doctor if it's OK to take fiber or a laxative if you think this could be the problem. 

Good Luck.

Height 5ft 2in / Highest Weight 277lbs / Surgery April 13, 2015 / Surgery Weight 270lbs / Current Weight 230lbs / Goal 130ibs

csharky
on 5/26/15 7:27 pm
VSG on 04/28/15

Thanks all. Getting close to 64 oz of water per day. No constipation. Abt 80 grams of protein. Friday evening I had my first soft solid but the morning nausea was starting before then

csharky
on 6/1/15 4:59 pm
VSG on 04/28/15

Thought I'd provide an update.  Dr. thinks it's hunger pangs masquerading as nausea.  So, whenever I feel the nausea kick in I either eat something or take a drink of water and that seems to curb it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics