Accountability and new beginnings

momsy55
on 5/28/15 9:04 am - ME

I too am about 3 months shy of my 4th anniversary.  I did fairly well on maintenance at first, but overtime, I got complacent, stopped using many of my tools, and started engaging in some mindless eating, mostly carbs.  I had a few fits and starts with trying to get back on track, but would slip back.  Finally, a few months ago, I did what you did - I came back here.  I re-read all of the things I had posted since before my surgery, as well as started reading and eventually responding to current posts.  Food was better, but still not where it needed to be, though I believe I lost a few pounds.  I didn't have the courage you've shown, and refused to weigh myself for the first 2-3 weeks.  When I eventually did weigh myself, the number was about 25 lbs. higher, but my guess is that it had been a little higher.  I finally started eating more in line with how I had during the losing phase, and started tracking my food and fluids.  I'm back to weighing daily, and I also went back to the VSG Maintenance Discussion group, checking in there almost daily.  Using my tools again, I've lost more than 1/2 of what I'd gained back, and feel so much better physically, emotionally and spiritually.  You took the first, most important steps.  Just continue to use your tools daily - eat like you did during the losing phase, track your intake, weigh yourself regularly, and come here.  You've got it!!  Hugs,  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

frisco
on 5/28/15 11:32 am

The long haul is a series of peaks and valleys.....

You got your first "wake-up" call and it's now time to re-establish what you know to be the truth.

A re-start right now with much more knowledge than when you first started this thing will help you get back on track.

PM me if you want to go over your plan.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

that's what she said
on 5/28/15 4:26 pm
VSG on 08/10/11 with

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words. It means so much to me. 

Frisco, thank you, I will send you a PM. 

😊

Most Active
Recent Topics