Rattled, Depressed and Frustrated

MyTurn2012
on 5/21/15 5:03 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

Too funny! !!!! I'll remember that in November when I see his eminence next! lol  

Lillydivine
on 5/21/15 4:40 pm
VSG on 04/13/15

You are doing great! Keep going and don't listen to the negative. You not only can do this, but you ARE doing it!

Height 5ft 2in / Highest Weight 277lbs / Surgery April 13, 2015 / Surgery Weight 270lbs / Current Weight 230lbs / Goal 130ibs

MyTurn2012
on 5/21/15 5:11 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

Thank you! I just need to be more patient with the process and not be so hard on myself ;-)

Ready2goNOW
on 5/21/15 5:09 pm

Hi!

Sorry you're feeling so frustrated!And your surgeon came off sounding like an a** intentionally or otherwise.

One of the things I say to new post-ops is that I am still on the waiting side, and when losing weight...even 5 pounds is a monumental victory and gaining weight is my usual mode of operation...I hope to be satisfied with ANY loss after my surgery...no matter how slow or minimal. I may be *****ing & moaning when I finally get there, but for now I am operating with that very COVETED weight loss tool & dread the days I feel out of control. I have been pretty successful in my pre-op journey, but deep down I will always worry it is just a matter of time. I NEED THAT TOOL!

So brush yourself off, pat yourself on the back, separate out what you know to be true from what the doc said & let it go, and be thankful you've got your toolbox and are losing. You will get there!

Kathy

MyTurn2012
on 5/21/15 5:17 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

Thank you Kathy!  Hopefully soon you will be on the "Loser's Bench" with us! 

Belle Ink
on 5/22/15 11:11 am

Hi, you are doing great! The three week stall is real and it is very disheartening. Mine lasted almost a month and then the weight started falling off. I remember feeling so disappointed and thinking, "Yep, I am the one person that this isn't going to work for." But I was wrong. It is working. I am fortunate that I haven't had very many stalls and I have learned how my body loses after this surgery. I will drop a significant amount of weight and then it seems like my body has to settle. I will stay within two pounds and bounce for about a week and then I will lose some inches and then the scale moves again. I had the sleeve 9/4/14 and have lost 123 pounds. I hit another stall this month and again it lasted for a few weeks, but the scale is falling again and I am happy. I just try to stay focused and keep moving and doing what I know to do and it is working. I can't tell you how satisfying it is to have people that I have known for years, not know who I am until I start talking to them. I am smaller now than my husband and children have ever known me to be and I have been married 21 years!! Also, another thing, when I started working out at the gym, the scale barely moved. I don't know if it was fluid retention in my muscles or what, but it took almost a month to see any benefit to my gym time other than endurance and strength being built. Of, it could just be me and no one else have experienced that. Anyway, best of luck to you. You have got this!!! 

Mistress of mystery, I am a paradox.

MyTurn2012
on 5/22/15 1:14 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

Thank you for confirming everyone loses differently! The stalling is a reality for most...I think the weight doesn't move all that well when you first start working out..Muscle weighs more than fat ;-****rtainly have noticed my muscles aren't as strong after surgery...so need to stay on top of not losing muscle during this process.

Cheers!

thefuture2015
on 5/28/15 7:57 pm

what is a NUT ??? Your post has helped me soo much.  My surgery date is 6/9.. I am so afraid of failure as well. I appreciate so much what everyone has been so kind to share their most intimate feelings it helps to ease the nerves.

Raeb

MyTurn2012
on 5/28/15 8:53 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

NUT=Nutritionist or Dietician ;-)    The surgery for most goes very smoothly and totally doable! Good luck and see you on the loser's bench with the rest of us!

Most Active
Recent Topics