Confession Time

Pamela M.
on 5/21/15 6:03 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

I need to confess about what a HORRIBLE backslider day I had yesterday.  I am 9 months post-op and down 77 lbs.; however, yesterday I ate as if I had never had surgery.  I was sick with sinus infection - felt horrible - and my feeble brain reverted to old thinking patterns and said "Eat everything you desire and you will feel better."  And . . .  so . . . I did just that.

5:30AM  8 oz. smoothie (banana/strawberry/blueberry/spinach)

7:30AM  3 Chick-Fil-A chicken mini biscuits

9:30AM  1 cup grits, 2 slices bacon

1:30AM  3 Thai spring rolls (they were small)

4:00PM  1 cup coffee mixed with low-sugar Swiss Miss

7:30PM   1 cup spaghetti noodles with meat sauce

9:30PM   2 Pecan Sandies cookies, 1 Mayfield fudge popsicle, 4 cups popcornIT'S VERY SOBERING TO REALIZE THAT I CAN STILL ABUSE MY BODY.  I am praying that I never have another day like yesterday.  Lord, please give me the determination to respect my new body and feed it for nutrition - and for no other reason.   Thanks for listening everyone.  This is a life-long journey.  Any words of encouragement will be appreciated.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Sandra F.
on 5/21/15 6:08 am

Absolutely everyone on here falls off of the wagon once in a while.  The important thing is that you recognize it and are ready to fix the problem.  Believe me, I have had days where I have eaten almost like I did before.  This is a lifetime struggle.  Good luck to you!

grayC
on 5/21/15 6:11 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Don't beat yourself up about it..

old habits are hard to break, I so totally don't believe that saying

that it takes 2 months to replace bad habits with good habits..

POOO I SAY!!

I had some big time stress back in NOV-DEC and I'm 2 YRS OUT

and in came rushing in the old "comfort eating"

STUPID!!!  STUPID!! STUPID!! 

But evenually I regained my sanity and got back on the horse...

today is a new day, just keep moving forward...

Cuparian
on 5/21/15 6:12 am
VSG on 05/13/15

I admire your honesty ... I am sure you will pass this stage very quickly, I am one week past surgery today and knowing the reality of life with VSG will help me and others prepare for the bad as well as celebrate the good

C.

HW 380 SW 352.5

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/21/15 6:20 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Most people fall off the wagon at one point or another. Don't beat yourself up, but do try to learn from this. If you recognize a pattern developing it's best to find out how to resolve it b4 it becomes a problem, find other ways to cope other than with food. It's a process, it'll take awhile, but hopefully whenever you do fall off the wagon, you won't fall too far down & be able to get back up again quickly.

It's a new day, Learn from the past & move forward. Good Luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mmsmom
on 5/21/15 6:29 am - Woburn, MA

Sometimes I have to say, "I can eat a cookie -just not today" and get through the weak moments.  When you think about it - it's true, cookies, popcorn, fudge pops are not going anywhere - they will be there tomorrow when maybe you will be in a better place to eat in moderation and control.  Good luck, you got this!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 5/21/15 7:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Today is a new day!  It's good that you know what caused you to get off track so you can work to figure out a game plan for the next time this happens.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Stacy_WLS
on 5/21/15 7:46 am

Something about a sinus issue!  I was eating dinner last night (yum - I'm a good cook :) and I didn't realize how much I was eating.  Towards the end I looked at my plate and put the rest on my boyfriends plate.  We have to stay focused and pay attention.  

Its definitely good to reflect and adjust quickly.  One day is not a problem, but letting it turn into a week, a month, a year is.  

Good luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Tracy D.
on 5/21/15 8:38 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Let this be a sobering lesson to you, Pam, and everyone else out there:  YES, it is entirely possible to eat a LOT of food after WLS!!  It's entirely possible to eat around every single surgery out there.  These binges may look a little different than they did pre-op...but it's still a binge in every sense of the word when you consider we have about 1/5 of the stomach we had pre-op.   

I hope that rather than bash you about what you ate that people read this as a cautionary tale:  this could be any of us!  We have to take the disease of obesity seriously (cunning, baffling and powerful!) and you have to use ALL the tools available to fight it.  

Surgery alone gets us through the first 6-12 months.  But at some point you have to bring out the big guns and get into a recovery program or get some good therapy.  

I highly suggest both, Pam 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

GoBlueGirl1998
on 5/21/15 9:37 am - MI

Its a new day, don't make it a pattern!! I have had a few times where I feel off the wagon too! We're human!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Most Active
Recent Topics