Surgery 3/25 8 weeks out and I think I am losing at a snails pace.

gwen41539
on 5/20/15 6:52 am, edited 5/20/15 6:55 am - kimper, KY

Im still post op but I'd give almost.anything to lose that much in 8 weeks! Don't get.discouraged keep on keeping on it will come off..I know your frustrated but hang in there you are.doing great

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

lynnannn
on 5/21/15 12:05 pm

Good luck in June. Are you pre or post op? your post says post but your weight loss suggests pre op. Or I am just dumb and confused.

Oneillch
on 5/20/15 4:15 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Want to feel better about the 26 lbs lost. Go to your closet & start trying your clothes on, especially the ones you've saved for when you lost weight.  Guaranteed you'll be doing a happy dance too! Keep up the good work.

Kiwideb
on 5/20/15 4:16 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Hormones.

Hormones rushing through your system making you cry, sympathize with mastermind murderers and scream at the mailman AND the dog...insisting that you retain water not shed it.

Instead of weighing try measuring. You'll probably see a difference there.

lynnannn
on 5/20/15 5:15 pm

I had sleeve same day 3-25-15 and lost 28 pounds so far. I feel like I should have lost more. I guess we need to stop being so hard on ourselves. I know one thing I still have a hard time getting in enough protein.

philly2dc
on 5/20/15 5:50 pm

I have the worst time getting in protein,  I drank so much of those shakes that they make me gag every time I take one swig. Well we have to keep in touch with each other and check on each other to see how each other is doing. 

lynnannn
on 5/21/15 11:53 am

Me too. Yuck. My tastes have totally changed. Chocolate, oh how I loved chocolate. Now I hate it. So forget the chocolate shakes. Vanilla yuck !!  I add a little fat and sugar free instant pudding and shake it in with protein powder and fat free milk for added flavor. It makes it thicker too. If you add too much it gets too thick. pudding vanilla and butterscotch flavors are definitely better. I had a bad start after surgery. Day after surgery I was unresponsive and had to put tube down my throat again.I spent 1 week in hospital. Then I got a Staph infection. I am still on meds for nausea. I am just starting to try to get all my proteins in and lost 0 pounds this week. Yes 0 pounds. But I know my body is adjusting. I am hoping to be under 300 by September I am 340 now. I am determined. Best of luck to you.

lianna
on 5/20/15 6:12 pm - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I am right there with you!  I am 10 weeks out and down 28 lbs.  I weigh everything and track my protein and carbs.  I sort of expected to be a slower loser because I was when I had the band also.... but still managed to turtle my way down!  It will happen, and for some of us it is a marathon not sprint.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

philly2dc
on 5/20/15 6:28 pm

Well we really are in the same boat, I also had the band which I loved actually. I lost 100 pounds 285 to lowest weight 185. I had a baby two years ago and my band slipped so that is which in January I had my band removed.  I could not do it all at one time because of all the scar tissue in my stomach. So we have alot in common for sure.

lianna
on 5/20/15 6:44 pm - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I loved the band while it functioned too, and actually lost and stayed around 150-155ish for several years until my band slipped... I had the scar tissue and adhesions too... a mess in there according to my doctor.  Did you lose slowly with the band?  If I recall correctly, I lost 65 lbs the first year, and then 20 more.  I may be a snail, but I am a determined one!  Just don't get discouraged, because we KNOW that this weight will come off even if it doesn't come off as rapidly as some others.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

Most Active
Recent Topics