Energy to play

Alit
on 5/15/15 7:10 am
VSG on 03/27/15

I don't post often but I am a month an a half out from my VSG (3/27/15) and had a NSV yesterday.

I had to go to court yesterday (as part of my job...not because I was in trouble. LOL).  The court house is about a mile from my office.  I walked to the court house, testified for 3 hours (which was incredibly emotionally draining!), and then walked the mile back to my office. Before surgery I would have begged a co-worker to drop me off and pick me up from the court house.  

After work, when I got home, I walked to the bus stop to get the kids (about 1/3 mile), and while walking home we played a game of kick the rock!  I wasn't afraid of the wigging and jiggling and what all my fat would look like running down the street chasing after a rock to kick it before my son or daughter could! The kids were giggling (and truth be told so was I).  When we got home my son was SO happy! He said that we should play like that every day!  Before I would have NEVER had the energy to play, especially after walking at work!  

Then we (my son) had Cub Scouts and we cleaned up and pulled weeds in a park.  According to my UP band I reached 10,499 steps yesterday! (Really???? I couldn't do ONE more step to reach 10,500???)  I'm not gonna lie, by the time we got home from Cub Scouts, I was pretty tired and was ready to SIT down!  I opened up the windows last night and slept great!  But looking at where I was just two or three months ago and then seeing what I did yesterday makes me want to cry I'm so happy!!! 

Age 40 HW 277 SW 257 M1 -21 M2 -10

Tracy D.
on 5/15/15 7:23 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I am completely impressed that you were willing to walk a mile back-and-forth to the courthouse (even today I'd probably hitch a ride - ha!).  But the story about playing with your kids on the way home really warms my heart   You are enriching their lives by becoming the active fun mom you've always wanted to be!  

You go, girl 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Alit
on 5/15/15 7:30 am
VSG on 03/27/15

Awww thanks!!!  I can't wait until I am brave enough to take them to a pool!  They'll LOVE that and so will I....still a few months away! LOL

Age 40 HW 277 SW 257 M1 -21 M2 -10

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/15 5:33 pm

What an absolutely wonderful story! Your NSV is an example of what WLS can help obese people achieve in their lives. Playing Kick the Rock with your kids on the way home from school - Priceless!

MommaGbear
on 5/16/15 12:28 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

That's a fantastic NSV. Congratulations :D And thank you for sharing :)

Most Active
Recent Topics