Two Years & 255lbs Later....

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/14/15 11:52 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Congratulations Nikke!  

You have been a huge source of inspiration to me during my WLS process.  We started around the same high weight, but you have 20+ years on me (*****!) plus some added height.  I am always impressed with your intelligence, compassion and willingness to help others through this process.   No post pictures, glom for compliments, then disappearance for you 

You look like a completely different person, and you are beautiful, both inside and out (and always were).  I look forward to hearing about your next round of plastics and seeing the butterfly emerge once again from its cocoon.  Man, I'm all sappy here.  It's going to ruin my reputation.

Thanks for reminding us that anything is possible with perseverance.  I couldn't agree more with your recommendation to track everything you eat.  I know when I'm falling off the train and why.  No excuses.  Brutal honesty and reflection need to replace our bad habits of ignoring/denying what we eat.

So carry on, grrrrrrrl, and I can't wait to see your update in another year! 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Gwen M.
on 5/15/15 9:13 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You are amazing and have been a huge inspiration to me.  Thanks for sticking around and continuing to advise and inspire!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Y D.
on 5/15/15 12:31 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

thank you for your post! you look amazing, and your hard work shows. congrats on all you have achieved

Nikke2003
on 5/17/15 12:38 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thank you all so much for the support and encouraging words! Who knows where I would be if I hadn't found this site. 

Again, I can't stress enough how important it is in this process to be honest with yourself and to hold yourself accountable for what you drink, eat, etc. That's what a lot of the vets here are trying to stress when those that are early out and maybe a bit sensitive think they are being "mean" - trust me, they've been there and just trying to help!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Chilipepper
on 5/17/15 12:41 pm

You have done fantastic!!  Congratulations on your transformation!!  You look amazing!!!

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

David F.
on 5/17/15 11:06 pm - Henderson, NV

What an amazing change, I am only three months out. I can't really see the difference yet that others see but one day I know I will. 

Daveo

Surgery: Feb 9, 2015   HW: 517SW: 467

Most Active
Recent Topics