Am I crazy?

Phat_girl_38
on 5/12/15 12:31 pm
VSG on 10/13/14

search for the post about the pylorus on here and read that, its very helpful information that is insightful to what you are inquiring about.

Phat_Girl_38  / HW: 319 (Pre-op Wt: 292) SW: 282  GW: 165  Surgery Date: 10/13/2014

Alklein12
on 5/12/15 12:35 pm - Beverly, MA

I had my surgery the same day as you as well, April 23rd and I am not even on soft foods.  The way they have my program set is full liquids for 4 weeks then move to soft solids on the 5th week - which is next week (I am excited).  I know the first few days of post op I felt very  nauseous and found getting anything down very hard, but have moved past that.  I have been a little scared of the feeling to vomit, but I haven't. I know that I have been preparing for surgery since September and I know when my body is full.  I feel a little of the same way you do where its hard to believe that I get the feeling that maybe 5 bites of soup make me feel like no longer wanting to eat compared to how I used to eat before.  I also agree that you shouldn't be eating mashed potatoes.  When I went shopping preparing for my soft solid phases, I bought some cauliflower, and I am going to try out that as an option instead.  Try Pinterest for ideas I have found some great VSG recipes on there that are High protein and low carb just what we need.

Good Luck

VSG 4/23/15  GOAL 130LBS

emelar
on 5/12/15 1:43 pm - TX

The World According to Eggface

Go to the link above.  Shelley (Eggface) has all kinds of suggestions for the pureed food stage, as well as other tips and recipes.

happyteacher
on 5/12/15 5:25 pm

I was the same. Be grateful to have it good! It will be obvious once you get to dense protein!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics