Using Essential Oil/supplements

cbohacz
on 5/11/15 7:35 am

Hello!  Does anyone have an experience with using essential oils and supplements?  Reason I'm asking is this, I know that we are not to use anti-inflammatory meds.  I use doTERRA essential oils and have started using some of their supplements like deep blue complex, to help with my knee pain and joint pain.  Has anyone asked their doctor on their thoughts of these items? 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/11/15 8:21 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Deep Blue is basically Ben-Gay (topical menthol/camphor) with some extra homeopathic woo that is completely unsupported by medical science. Some essential-oil stuff has a legit scientific basis (mint for nausea, for example), but much of it is homeopathic BS with no research to suggest any positive effect.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cbohacz
on 5/11/15 8:23 am

The Deep Blue Complex is a new product in pill form, I have been using it and my knees feel great, just wanted to see what other thoughts were...  Thank you!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/11/15 4:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Ah, I was looking at the wrong product then. Found the ingredient list, none of those have been confirmed by studies to have a direct effect on joint inflammation or such (AFAIK). Entirely possible to be the placebo effect?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hollykim
on 5/11/15 8:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 11, 2015 at 7:35 AM Pacific Time, cbohacz wrote:

Hello!  Does anyone have an experience with using essential oils and supplements?  Reason I'm asking is this, I know that we are not to use anti-inflammatory meds.  I use doTERRA essential oils and have started using some of their supplements like deep blue complex, to help with my knee pain and joint pain.  Has anyone asked their doctor on their thoughts of these items? 

have you asked YOUR dr.? That is what I would suggest.

Luvmygs
on 5/11/15 8:55 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I've been using Young Living essential oils for almost 8 years now and continue even after surgery. I used peppermint directly after surgery and continue to use it for after meals. I enjoy Lavender and Valerian for relaxing and stress. Good stuff.

cbohacz
on 5/11/15 5:20 pm

Yes!!  Great stuff!  Thanks!

cbohacz
on 1/9/17 12:23 pm

Hello again...  I'm back with the same question.. haha..  do you use the YL supplements?  I love the doterra supplements, vitamin pack, cleanses, etc.. with all combined it's about 16 capsules a day.  Reason I ask is because we aren't suppose to have nsaids, but any other things I should be watching for???

happyteacher
on 1/10/17 3:14 pm

I was always given a list to avoid 2 weeks before a surgery, but can't think of anything warned against otherwise. Check though!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/11/15 9:34 am

If it works for you -keep using it.  I use a lot of herbs per op and now post op a lot of them are a must for me.   

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics