NSVs -- things just keep rolling, but easier

Stacy_WLS
on 5/7/15 11:00 am

Life is getting crazy busy for me and I was reflecting that despite the hecticness things are just better now.  Some things that I count as victories (the scale doesn't move much for me lately hooray!), but I can still celebrate:

• getting dressed is easy -- everything fits & looks good
  • I have energy -- dropping a night at home to go out with a friend sounds fun, not exausting
  • Making healthy choices is ingrained -- I was drunk last weekend (at a bachelorette) and I ordered a salad for lunch (?!?!?)
  • Exercise makes me happy -- when I'm bored, I go to the gym instead of the fridge

The first few months are the hardest, but if you use that time to retrain yourself, life just gets better & better!

What are you NSVs lately?

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

mmsmom
on 5/7/15 11:45 am - Woburn, MA

Great list - I am amazed by two things - clothes actually fit right and are comfortable and high heeled shoes do not kill my feet anymore.

VSG on 04/28/2014

wyo_sarah
on 5/7/15 12:36 pm

I too love that everything fits and looks good.  My most awesome NSV lately is that my 5 year old daughter can get her arms all the way around me when she give me a hug and my 8 year old son thinks he can pick me up.  (He can't, but he is close.)  And, I really like buying sexy clothes. :)

newdawnh
on 5/7/15 1:23 pm
VSG on 06/16/15

Congratulations on your post op acheivements! I am still preop surgery scheduled for June 16, 2015 but I am looking forward to being able to put on my own socks and tie my own shoes right now it is almost impossible I can do it if I have to but most of the time my son helps me he isn't crazy about it but does it (he's 22 lol) and bending over with out fear of falling and of course being able to get down on floor with grandbabie and not being afraid of how Im gonna get back up.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/7/15 5:31 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

My NSV today was that even though I had to get up early to move the car (alternate side st parking), instead of just moving the car & going back to sleep, I went to the gym instead & worked out. Then after a few hours at home went out & exercised again, going further with my steps than I ever had in a long time. In the past I never would've worked out that early, much less twice in the same day!, then came home & danced to Janet Jackson Miss You Much song. 

Yaayy me!,  I'm gonna sleep good tonight!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Stacy_WLS
on 5/7/15 8:59 pm

Nice job!  I notice I dance a lot more than I used to :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Nmmsg
on 5/8/15 4:36 am
VSG on 07/09/13

My daily NSV's:

No aches and pains at all- pretty good for 65!

I do my own pedicures- saves time and money.

I can keep up with my 2 year old grandson.

Clothes fit year to year- still on my first two.

I like to wear dresses- especially when it is hot.  No thigh rub.  

I can do all of the things I need to do.  I don't have to think if I have the energy.

Succeeding in my new business started last year.

I still can't believe that I have generally maintained my weight although that takes daily vigilance now and forever.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Loser2542
on 5/8/15 4:44 am

My NSV for today:

I can get in and out of and actually fit in a bathtub.

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

Most Active
Recent Topics