later taters

Kate -True Brit
on 5/8/15 12:39 pm - UK

R and R 2 was closed over a year ago. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

grayC
on 5/8/15 12:46 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

OOPPS!

I thought it was re-opened somewhere else..

shows how with it I am!!😮

Kate -True Brit
on 5/8/15 5:49 am, edited 5/8/15 5:49 am - UK

R and R 2 was an open access but unmoderated board which was closed by the OH moderators. New groups spring up all the time and many are extremely active.  But they are not open access, you have to ask to join. 

Edited to remove inaccurate information about my signature!!! 

Mary Gee
on 5/8/15 12:34 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Toot Toot Tootsie -- Goodbye..........  Toodle-oo!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/8/15 10:29 am, edited 5/9/15 12:44 am - OH

Wow.  Just... wow.   VERY classy, Bacon. You tell the same people who answered SO MANY questions for you when you first came here to go **** themselves and say nasty things about people allegedly having no friends and family?  

I will choose to hang with the people you just insulted rather than deal with your rudeness and selfishness every day of the week.

As someone else said, your outside may have changed, but your inside sure didn't. How completely ungrateful can you be?!?  You get annoyed when people tell you that when you reappear ONLY to post some post-plastics pics (under the VERY thinly veiled guise of being "inspirational") -- and then clearly intend to flounce off again after getting people to fawn over your pics -- that you seem less than genuine? Really?

Then you go into full blown ***** mode when people suggest that you should consider sticking around to pay forward to other people the HUGE amount of support that you got when you first came here?

Amazing.  Have a nice life.  See you when you start to regain...

(edited to correct Siri's lack of grammar knowledge regarding "your" vs "you're")

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/8/15 5:43 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Mary Gee
on 5/8/15 7:12 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

No, we won't see her when she starts to regain.....unless, of course, it isn't "her" fault, but some "medical reason" she concocts!  Ah well, silence can be golden.

I am so glad people copied her vulgar tirade before she went in to change it.  Another one who wants to play "the victim".

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/15 5:20 am

Lora I will say you have always been helpful and so have the other vets. I remember early on I got mad and deleted my profile. I realized I was being childish. I needed the support.

I put myself out there and wanted to hear everything was going to be be okay. I mean things will be okay if you follow your plan and get help for those wonderful old habits I have. 

I understand it does take a lot of time to answer peoples posts on the forums.  No one wants anyone to fail. When someone fails that puts people who have WLS in a group where people role their eyes when you tell them you have had WLS. Not only the eye roll the horror stories how so many have gained or have died from it. 

I have learned a lot from vets and noobies here. I am very lucky to have found this group. 

Anyone thinks this groups is mean or nasty need to really read peoples posts. Don't get me wrong sometimes they can make you mad but it is to help us. 

I am not saying someone who is out right mean should be acceptable. The people here really want to help. 

Do not let the original poster make you think that this website is not a good place for support. I have been here for almost two years and I have learned more here than I have from other outside support systems.

I just want to thank all of the vets and people who have encouraged me through this start of my journey. It has ups and downs. But no one here is really miserably. We can have a miserable day. Who doesn't.

Kate -True Brit
on 5/9/15 12:32 am - UK
On May 4, 2015 at 11:03 AM Pacific Time, KevinBacon wrote:

If this is what yall call support no thank ya :) 

Yes. I do call this support.

Support is what almost every vet did on here. We said well done. Then we said, from our much longer experience, take care, food addiction goes into remission, addictions aren't cured by surgery.

Then, because we all want you to succeed, we all said, this gets harder. Your demons will almost certainly return. We all though we had cracked it. We all found this is a lifelong fight.The first few years are the easiest. Be prepared. That really is support.

Join the vets. Just as we all answered the four or five questions you posted every single day when you started out, join us in offering advice to newbies.

Most Active
Recent Topics