later taters

Tricia R.
on 5/4/15 6:20 am

Very motivational post! I am having my last drs visit this week before submitting for approval from my insurance! Getting very nervous.  I don't feel like I've posted as much as I should have either. You look great and keep up the great work! 

Kate -True Brit
on 5/4/15 6:32 am - UK

Excellent. A good result for hard work.

But echoing Gina, take care not to reiax.  I found maintaining easy for the first three or four years but then realised that you can't cure addictions. This is not being a negative Nellie or trying to detract from your achievement. Just the experience of being in regular contact with vets and sharing our fight to stay slim. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Gina 22 years out
on 5/4/15 6:59 am - Burleson, TX

KATE--and, as a 9 year post, successful vet, I would say you are a reliable source of information!! Keep rocking that band

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Life Rediscovered
on 5/4/15 6:50 am - MA

I check the boards daily, but rarely post anymore.  Let me start by saying you look great!

I have to take issue with your comment that VSG fixed all of your problems with food.  If this is true, you are in the minority.  Having been overweight since I was 5 yrs. old, my problems with the addiction to food are numerous and I have had weekly counseling to address them.

VSG and other forms of WLS helps you to lose weight but dealing with the addiction to food is an ongoing process and gets more difficult to deal with as we get further into maintenance. 

Gina 22 years out
on 5/4/15 6:57 am - Burleson, TX

LD--you said that SO much better than I did !!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/15 7:16 am

Well said. Don't just be a lurker. Sharing really does help you and others. I wish my RNY cured me. It has help majorly in my life. I do struggle some days with food.

Kathy S.
on 5/4/15 7:14 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations  You look amazing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/15 7:18 am

Great pictures. 

MegZorar
on 5/4/15 8:37 am

Go you! Nicely done.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/4/15 10:12 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

You look really great & you've worked hard to get to where you're at, but I'm guessing that VSG alone didn't resolve all your issues with food.

To echo Gina & a few others that VSG alone will not work on the head portion of your eating. I'm guessing that VSG only worked for your stomach & not your head & you did the work needed to get to the issues behind your eating.

I really do want you to succeed but if you never got to the reasons behind your eating, you can very easily fall off the wagon & start regaining your weight. Old habits die hard! I'm not far behind you & I work on the head issues all the time least I fall back on the old standby of eating down my emotions.

I hope you're not relying on the sleeve alone to curb your eating habits cuz it is possible to eat around the sleeve. It looks like you're just starting maintenance which I've heard is a journey all in itself. Good Luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics