severe cramps in legs, painful

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/15 12:18 am

the  past two nites I get painful cramps in my legs that wake me from my sleep. I have been low on water intake for the past 2 days at the farm all day again and not prepared. Getting in the exercise though, not enough food either. Planning an entire week of food, water, vit, activity as soon as I get back from gym. Last weeks blood work didn't come back yet, thinking low potassium, magnesium??? Only doing wts and a 5 k today. then rest

rocky513
on 5/2/15 12:52 am - WI

Dehydration can cause leg cramps as well.  I take Quinine pills for cramps and they work great. Thy dissolve under your tongue and you take them when you start feeling the cramping. You can get them at any vitamin shop.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

jgreenlee12
on 5/2/15 12:55 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I started having leg cramps after surgery as well. I get all my water in and my labs all came back good. I don know what it could be...

mickeymantle
on 5/2/15 1:40 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

EAT A BANANA  and drink all your water , cut back on the exercise till the cramping stops  , cramping means something is not right , don't stress your muscles  till you find out what it is and correct it  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Kiwideb
on 5/2/15 2:52 am
VSG on 01/19/15

Try some v8 tomato juice to get some sodium / potassium in quickly (way more, and faster acting than a a banana). I had bad restless legs after surgery, still do to some exten****er consumption helps, but it flushes what you need, so you'll need to add back in, and tomato juice helps with liquid too.

Alice9248
on 5/2/15 3:32 pm

It's the water.  I was getting them too and nurse said to be sure to always get the water in.  For me, even a little low kills me.  To help, I've found drinking some dill pickle juice when you get the cramps helps relieve them.  Also there is some over the counter pills, cramp ease or relief, or something like that, which also helps too.

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/15 10:49 pm

thank you. I now know that when I haven't had enough water especially after a day of training, then yes the cramps do come at nite. So I'm more careful now and documenting everything. Have a great week.

Most Active
Recent Topics