Slow loss for month 5!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 3:45 am
VSG on 12/16/14

Its been two weeks since my last weigh in and only lost 1 pound! Three more weeks until month 5 weigh in. Has anyone not loss anything at all in a one month period? I'm following everything to the T. So food and working out isn't an issue. 

mmsmom
on 4/30/15 4:13 am - Woburn, MA

If you track your food, go back and look at some weeks where you had good losses and go back to those foods - or up your activity and water.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

Jamie L.
on 4/30/15 4:20 am - Grover Beach, CA
VSG on 06/02/14

You did not mention water intake?  Whenever I stall on the scale I try up my water intake until I start loosing again. (I'm not sure why this works but it seems to work for me, something I learned from my old Weigh****chers days) 

My doctor also says there are some weights on the scale that our bodies like, so it will fight us to stay at that weight.  Mine has always been between 210 and 200 and somewhere around 170.  SO....my advice is to keep doing all the right stuff you are and eventually you will see the results on the scale.

VSG with Dr. David Thoman on 6/02/2014, Age 54, Height 5'7",  Highest Weight 280,  Pre-Surgery Weight 240, Current Weight 152.8 (4/20/2015)  Next Goal 140 | Total Weight Lost 87 lbs.

Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 5:10 am
VSG on 12/16/14

Water is the only difficult part of this journey for me. Before surgery I was great with water but now it varies day to day 32 ounces one day then the next 96 or 64. I'm trying hard with the water. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/30/15 5:27 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Weight loss generally slows down quite a bit after 4 or 5 months, so this isn't totally unusual. Most folks experience a plateau (defined as 4+ weeks with no loss in weight and/or measurements) at least once, and often at about this point.

You may need to up your exercise as your body adjusts to a lower weight and fewer calories. It may be wise to make sure you're weighing/measuring your food accurately as well, since it's possible to experience "portion creep" as we get comfortable with our new way of eating.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 5:34 am
VSG on 12/16/14

I track and weigh everything! I'm not sure how much more exercise I can do. I do personal training Monday, wed, Sunday and I warm up prior to training for 30 minutes of cardio. Tuesday and Saturday are my rest days. I take a cycling class for 60mins Thursday and Friday. On sundays after training I hit a 3 mile trail for run-walk off and on. I think i'm good with the exercise. I'll just wait it out. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/15 5:30 am

I think you are doing grea****er, water, water. I'm a slow loser but when I drink more water I do and feel better.

ipray
on 4/30/15 12:38 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

It sounds like you are having a stall. At my 5th month I had a three week stall for no reason.  (I was eating and drinking the same things in the same amounts as prior to the stall). Just keep doing what you are doing and do not get discouraged.  You will soon get on the scale and see it moving again. Hang in there and good luck! 

Sandra F.
on 5/1/15 12:56 am

I stalled month for a month at month 5-6.  I found that changing my eating routine a bit and increasing water in-take helped break the stall.  Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics