Need some help guys!

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/15 1:48 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

Hey everyone I was sleeved 12/4/14 and since surgery only lost about 35lbs.  My wife got her sleeve in tj in febuary and I feel like her restriction is more than mine.  Anyways I need some help to get this last 80lbs off.  I meet with my suergon tommroow and not looking foward to what hes going to tell me.  Any suggestions would be great thanks!

aharris30
on 4/28/15 2:04 am
VSG on 05/13/14

We need a post of what you are eating. Are you allowing sliding foods into your diet? Eating junk foods? Carbs? Are you drinking with meals. Please elaborate on your food and liquid intake. What does your protein intake look like. If you want help we need to know ALL of this good and BAD!

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/15 2:06 am

Hey, 35 pounds is 35 pounds - don't knock it! I hear you though.  You would like your weight loss to be faster. I really get that. Would you be willing to share (maybe privately if not publicly) what an average food day looks like? I do believe your loss should be going at a faster clip. Maybe looking at your average day I could help you figure out how to jump start that loss.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 4/28/15 2:28 am - MI

Give some more info. Are you weighing/measuring your foods? How much protein do you each day? What is your water intake? Are you eating carbs? 

Some days I don't feel my restriction when eating 3 to 4 ounces of food........its doesn't mean I continue eating until I feel it. 

I'm just trying to get an idea of what you're doing.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Tracy D.
on 4/28/15 3:20 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

In the past you shared that you found yourself "drinking" more of your calories and using juices to get fluid in.  And I think you infamously shared eating a taco immediately post-op.  So, I'm really interested to know exactly what you're eating.

You could be a slow loser - those people are on here.  But I suspect that you may be playing a little too fast and loose with the sleeve "rules" and have started eating (and drinking) around your surgery.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gina 22 years out
on 4/28/15 3:33 am - Burleson, TX

No judging/flaming here....HOWEVER (knew that was coming-huh?)...there is no sense in coming here, asking for help, if you are not going to do YOUR part, and be totally honest, with what's going on.

We know the history, of your journey..of what you have shared with us, thus far (newbies can read your "latest posts, and catch up)...You are obviously stuck in a pattern/cycle...MANY of us have BTDT--me included..I am now 13 years post op, and it took me 9 years, to get my crap together, and get where I needed to be...but I had to finally get HONEST and ANGRY with MYSELF, and take FULL OWNERSHIP, of everything that went into MY mouth, and every movement MY body DID or did NOT take...It was all up to ME ME ME...

Now, what's your daily intake/exercise look like, and how can we HELP? And tell us EVERYTHING, if you want HONEST input..

We are here, for you. Peeps have always been here, for ME. That's why I have stuck around, all these many years...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gwen M.
on 4/28/15 6:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'll chime in with everyone else - what, exactly, are you eating every day?  

Are you measuring and tracking your intake?  Are you logging every day with MyFitnessPal?  If you aren't doing these things, why not?  

You had great success pre-op, but it seems like you've been very cavalier since then.  You can do this, you just need to get yourself on track and start taking accountability for your actions.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/28/15 7:09 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On April 28, 2015 at 8:48 AM Pacific Time, biggerard123 wrote:

Hey everyone I was sleeved 12/4/14 and since surgery only lost about 35lbs.  My wife got her sleeve in tj in febuary and I feel like her restriction is more than mine.  Anyways I need some help to get this last 80lbs off.  I meet with my suergon tommroow and not looking foward to what hes going to tell me.  Any suggestions would be great thanks!

I'd love to offer you some suggestions, but it's almost impossible unless I know what you're currently doing.  I know we don't like to compare ourselves to others since weight loss is not a race, but I lost 31 lbs in the first month after surgery.  To hear that you've lost 35 lbs in almost five months is disconcerting.

As everyone has asked, what are you eating on a daily basis?  Are you going back to old habits and eating junk food?  Are you drinking enough fluids?  Are you in a support group or receiving individual therapy?

Many of us have watched "MY 600 lb Life" and see people who self-sabotage immediately after surgery.  I hope this isn't what's happening to you.  We all want to see you succeed but you have to be honest with yourself.  Are you following your surgeon's plan?

Please let us know.  We care.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

psychoticparrot
on 4/28/15 10:07 am

Since you're seeing your surgeon tomorrow, lay it on the line. I'm sure he will have suggestions, one of which will probably be to meet with the nutritionist to review what you've been eating. If you haven't been keeping a food log, start now for your next visit (SparkPeople, MyFitnessPal, etc.). Keeping a log also tends to restrict eating, especially if you enter each meal immediately after you've eaten. It's been a godsend for me. Good luck!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

annmarie40
on 4/28/15 11:07 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Your weight loss is directly tied to what you eat and how much you move. I had the same surgery on 12/8/14 and have only lost around 45 lbs since then. It is my choice to add back in fruit and an occasional piece of toast (1 or 2 slices a week) and the very bad part of diet ice cream or sugar free candy or diet popcorn when I am hormonal. I am OK with the slower loss and adding these things helped with the severe constipation I was having. In order to earn these cheats I have to measure everything. I am only allowed 1 cheat item a day and less than a total of 10 per month, if I choose to have one, I am only allowed a less than 200 calorie portion and I then have to either jog off 200 calories, do arm or leg work on my total gym or go to the gym on the arc trainer to burn the calories, Also by eating my protein first my stomach feels super full for a long time and as much as I want my treat I can not eat it half the time. SO my slower loss is caused by having the sugar and carbs (bad) and by building more muscle (good). It is all me, not the surgery failing, not my body processing food differently, just me, my fault, my choice and I am comfortable with it. I am getting stronger and healthier and that is what matters to me. PS even though I exercise every day I hate every minute of it.  Good luck with your journey, own your choices and decide what is most important. Maybe find lower cal alternatives or work harder to burn it off or go cold turkey and quit the bad stuff.

Most Active
Recent Topics