I don't understand all the gas....

spuddzy
on 4/27/15 11:24 am - NY

Lately my stomach gets full of gas does this happen to anyone. I'm 4 1/2 mos.post op I know I'm been eating a little too much carbs.i haven't had any of the veggies that would cause this. I just get blotted fast...

spuddzy

Dan1962
on 4/27/15 11:31 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Coplex carbs like breads cause this for me, they also feel like lead in my stomach.  I stay away from them now.

spuddzy
on 4/27/15 12:18 pm - NY

Thanks Dan..I think that is my problem.. I will tryy best to stay away from them.. I've kept a log. 

spuddzy

Kiwideb
on 4/27/15 2:35 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

I can have troubles after eating nothing - it's driving me crazy that I can't find an acceptable fix for the lump in my throat (I know it's acid) and I end up swallowing air to 'get the lump out' and then can't burp it out.

I eat very little bread (a piece of toast a couple of times a week when I fall pray to a Vegemite fix) - my only large bodied carb vs pasta/rice, and sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. So basically, I've not been able to knuckle down a true why and how to fix it yet.

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/15 2:00 am

Have you looked in to getting a prescription for either an H2 Blocker or a PPI? If you're still fairly early out the body often needs help adjusting to the new stomach size and the high pressure system of the sleeve. I found that the H2 blocker (think Pepcid) worked wonders for me in ridding me of acid discomfort early out. Later I switched to a PPI for more intense acid issues. Hope you get that lump in your throat issue resolved.

Kiwideb
on 4/28/15 3:30 am
VSG on 01/19/15

Protonix didn't cut it, I'm trying nexium now. Some days are better than others.

Most Active
Recent Topics