WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM MY NEW BELLY........7 DAYS OUT!!!

ordersteps
on 5/12/15 2:14 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Kat your insulted?  Wow, amazing what can be misread over the internet...sorry.  I am a cancer survivor, so for ME, that is what saved my life.  So my Heavenly Father created the world renowned endocrinologist!  Yes and so each it's own, that why I left cold dirty Cleveland and Moved to sunny CA....to each it's own.  Sorry you're worked up. I am a happy camper and this is MY POST

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/12/15 12:48 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If "conventional medicine" doctors "cut... to death," why on earth did you have as (presumably) science/evidence-based-medicine-practicing doctor cut into your body for TWO bariatric surgeries?

Surely if a naturopathic path could cure all of your health issues (hint: peer-reviewed science says NOPE), you wouldn't have gone for the surgery in the first place.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

ordersteps
on 5/12/15 2:03 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

LOL...Julie, the same REASON YOU DID..... and because I WANTED TO...gesh you all are really worked up. Be nice before I BLOCK YOU ALL!!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/12/15 2:13 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

My response was perfectly civil, no need to tell me to "be nice."

It doesn't matter a lick if you block me, no need to make it sound like some sort of terrible threat. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

poplargreys
on 5/12/15 4:08 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I'm just confused as to why you had a sleeve done if you think doctors are such crocks??

Gwen M.
on 4/28/15 9:47 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

LOL indeed. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

poplargreys
on 4/28/15 2:14 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I am four weeks out, so nowhere near being a veteran, but now that I am on soft solids and starting to add normal foods into my diet I can definitely feel hints of 'full' where I didn't when I was just eating yogurt or pureed soup. I haven't ever hit a 'hard stop' point because quite honestly I am terrified of experiencing the foamies, so even though I measure out my meals carefully I rarely finish my portion, I usually quit with a bite or two left. This is something I want to talk about at my next support group session, because I shouldn't be afraid of eating a carefully measured portion.

ordersteps
on 4/28/15 4:12 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

poplargreys, thank you for sharing that.  I really needed to know that.  I am on my first week and feel sort of lost.  I have no hunger and so I drink protein shakes all day and it seems not much of anything.  So, you stop when your full and the sleeve does that? I am not at that point, but I am getting there.  Please keep me posted, I need new friends in this area. 

poplargreys
on 5/12/15 3:39 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I have never GOTTEN to a hard-stop full stomach. I don't plan to, ever. I measure out my portions and usually stop a bite or two from finishing my meal because I can tell I have food in my stomach, but it's not uncomfortable. I don't plan to use my tool as a portion control device, I plan to use it to allow me to eat the size of meal by body actually NEEDS, and not what my head WANTS. Leaning too heavily on the tool to do all the work would be setting myself up for disappointment and failure.

ordersteps
on 5/12/15 2:08 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

poplargreys thank that is some good insight!!  I am doing really well and the weight is peeling off.  I am understanding my belly a little at a time.  I now stop just when I feel myself filling up...I love it.  New start on life.  Have you noticed that you can hear your hunger now....LOl I love the sleeve it doing just as I expected.  Thank you so much for sharing.

Most Active
Recent Topics