Raging Hunger --AHH!

Tracy D.
on 4/24/15 2:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Sometimes when the "hungry" is making loud noises I will pop a couple Tums.  I already take Protonix but sometimes I still get breakthrough acid - and it kind of feels like the old raging "hunger from the past.  (Which makes me wonder if my hunger in the past was actually really bad acid and I never knew it!) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Jp2lose
on 4/24/15 1:25 am - Omaha, NE
Don't forget about hormones! Sometimes I'm just hungrier than others. As long as I keep my food consistent, my hunger is usually back to normal within a day or two.

trinoc
on 4/26/15 9:39 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

My hunger has returned, too, and I'm tracking it in my period tracking app.  It's been amazing to see how hormonal it is, for me.  I track hunger and cravings separately.  I crave food around ovulation but I'm legitimately hungry right before and during my period.  On those days, I allow myself to eat more calories but I make sure they're all protein or healthy fat.  I do not allow extra calories to be indulgent ones....those are separate and much more moderated.  

I also have started back on my PPI (OTC) and will do what Tracy does when I first feel hunger - pop a TUMS or two - to make sure it is hunger and not acid.  I've found that coffee stimulates an insulin response in me and can make me quite shaky.  For a while I was confusing that w/ hunger.  Now I know it for what it is.  Still have to eat a cheese stick to curb it but have worked on cutting back coffee to eliminate the shakes all-together and that seems to be working.  Now drinking 2-3 cups a day...had been drinking coffee all day long. 

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Most Active
Recent Topics