4 weeks post op, minamal weigh loss

DFoote
on 4/21/15 11:21 am
with

Hello

I am going on 4 week post op and have had minimal wight loss.  Is this normal? I am getting worried. Also has anyone else had a hard time getting into a vitamin routine? What has worked best for you? Any and all suggestion would be greatly appreciated . Words of encouragement greatly needed

Diane Foote

aharris30
on 4/21/15 1:47 pm
VSG on 05/13/14

What is minimal loss? What are your numbers?

more2adore
on 4/21/15 6:33 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

I second aharris30's question. How are you defining "minimal" loss? Have you stalled for a long period, or have you seen a small amount of loss regularly? 

As to the vitamins - we're about the same amount of time out from our surgeries (mine was 28 March). I forced myself to start taking them pretty early, all except the biggest ones. I worked up to that. There is only one that is still impossible to swallow and doesn't cut well or mix with things well when crushed, and that was my Calcium - so I got chewable Calcium Citrate instead. I'll go back to the non-chewables when I can handle swallowing those monsters again. I sat down and did a lot of research and made myself a schedule of all the vitamins & medications I have to take and how I should space them and which can be taken together (for example, Calcium & iron need to be two hours apart). Then I set alarms on my phone so I don't forget to take them. I still sometimes get a LITTLE nauseated when I swallow a tablet, but it's generally a brief discomfort. Good luck! You can do this!

VSG 3/28/2015 | HW 600+ | SW 488.2 | CW 398.4

DFoote
on 4/21/15 9:34 pm
with

Ok so my number are this. 320 at surgery. I have been stuck at 305 for the past  few weeks. 

Diane Foote

Gwen M.
on 4/21/15 9:38 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

What, exactly, are you eating?  How much liquid are you getting in?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

momsy55
on 4/21/15 11:27 pm - ME

Looks like you lost about 25-30 lbs pre-op.  Typically, if the pre-op weight loss was significant, the initial loss after surgery is lower.  I lost 35 lbs. pre-op, and, though I did lose after the surgery, it took a little longer at first.  If I remember correctly, by my 6 week follow-up, I was losing at a steady pace, so it all evened out.  As long as you're following the program's guidelines, you should be fine.  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

DFoote
on 4/21/15 11:38 pm
with

Thank you Mary. It makes me feel better to know that.   My husband is going through pr qualification for surgery now, and that is what the Medical Assistant told him. That it usually take around 6 weeks to start seeing any steady wight loss. I hadn't hear about the more you lose per op the lower the initial loss after surgery. I have loss some but I guess I have just waited so long for this that now that it's finally here I am getting a little antsy and frustrated with myself. Just need to slow down.I need to stop pushing myself so much. It's a Marathon not a sprint.You have been very helpful. Thanks sooooooo much.

Diane Foote

Maureen K.
on 4/22/15 2:23 am

Awe hang in there it will all come in time I have 6.5 years out from my surgery lost 100 lbs and have maintained within 5 lbs - the first 6 weeks after my surgery I had only lost 5 lbs I was sure I was the not this wasn't going to work for I was thinking what had I done to myself there was no going back I could barely eat anything so I just had to stick with it eventually it began to come off - I think it is trauma and shock to the system and the body needs to adjust - I had a hard time with vitamins and my surgeon just said make sure you are getting fluids the rest will come I use the gummy vitamins now - but hang in there it will work 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Most Active
Recent Topics