Letter to Insurance Company (AETNA)

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 4/17/15 9:28 am
VSG on 03/16/15

I have Aetna and they required me to get all the tests including sleep apnea test. They will pay for all of the testing including the stress test. I did not see a doctor often and they had me write a very short and to the point letter stating I was this much weight at this time. Then I gained 10 lbs this year then I gained 10 lbs this year and here I am. My doctors office coordinator new what they needed and as soon as tests were done they submitted and I got surgery the week after. All in all it could have been done in 3 months but I was scared and waited a few months to finish all the tests. 

Good luck

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

r_woods
on 4/17/15 11:54 am

I also have Aetna, and with a BMI of 35 due to already diagnosed high blood pressure and diabetes, my surgeons office is pretty sure I'll have no problems.  I also have high cholesterol and a severe thyroid issue as well.  My advise is to not stress and trust your doctors office, they should know what needs to be done in order to get you your surgery.  

Rhonda  :O)

Most Active
Recent Topics