Expectations and kindness

Nmmsg
on 4/15/15 8:38 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

I totally find this true.  I am capable of great kindness to others- not so much for myself.  I will keep your post in mind, Devon.  I have 3 lbs to kick to the curb and it feels like way more than that.  

Thanks-

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

frisco
on 4/15/15 11:57 pm

Great next level thinking kairk !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Tracy D.
on 4/16/15 2:20 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Wonderful post with reminders that I needed to read :-)  I'm working hard to stop identifying food as good or bad because it does mess with my head.  I'm so oppositional-defiant that the more I label it "bad" or "off-limits" the more I want it!  

And separating exercise from weight loss has been transformational for me.  Now I exercise because I want to see some specific muscle changes in my body.  And I want to keep those muscles strong going into later mid-life and old age so I can be a vital little old lady   I no longer rationalize that I can eat this or that and then I'll burn it off in the gym.  

Thanks again for the great post - hope life is treating you well! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

diane S.
on 4/16/15 3:30 am

Awesome post. Especially the part about loving yourself and forgiving your self. How many of us fat people or former fat people still have a good dose of self loathing?  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Pamela M.
on 4/16/15 3:39 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Thank you for sharing this valuable and insightful information.  It all rings very true for me.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Jiliana2
on 4/17/15 1:51 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I cannot wait until OH implements the new "Like" button on posts; this one rates high on my LIKE list!

Thanks for these reminders. Sometimes we can all benefit by them!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Lee ~
on 4/18/15 3:50 am - CA

What a great post!  I agree with everything you say.

i have a friend that I'm always reminding that food isn't goof or bad and that more importantly, she's not bad if she has occasional indulgences.  (No needed WLS for her)

I have a gym in my building but don't enjoy it so I walk to work, hike on weekends, walk a 5k often and joined a Pilates Reformer studio 2 years ago on the same block as my office.  M-W-F I take an hour between 11-12 and take a class.  It's energizing and the weights are getting me toned.  I love these things and know if I did things because "I should". It would last half a day.

Im never perfect. I believe it's the 20 meals that I do well with (high fat, mid protein, low carb) that count. I allow myself a weekly indulgent meal if I'm out with friends.

Will it work forever? I don't know and if it stops working I'll re-evaluate.

But for today, I'm over 5 years out and 10 pounds less than my personal goal weigh.

For today, I am enough and I will treat myself kindly.

happy Saturday!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics