7 year VSG Veteran .. Wooohooooo I am BACCCKKKKK!!!! <3 <3 <3

LngRedRose
on 4/20/15 2:27 am

The only form of exercise I am doing right now is walking.  I plan to hit the gym soon. :)

Sparky50
on 4/14/15 12:03 pm
VSG on 07/21/15

Thank you for posting your story and updates.  I am in the pre-op process and am learning so much by reading about the successes and struggles of others on this forum.  During my first consultation, I told the nutritionist that what most concerns me about WLS is what will happen when I reach maintenance.  I have this huge fear around regaining the weight and believing that I have, yet again, "failed."  Having lost and regained weight repeatedly, I know that I need this tool if I want to keep the weight off.  However, I am learning through this forum that there is no one perfect way to accomplish this feat, and learning how to deal with the setbacks and continuing to move forward in spite of them, is the most important tool in my expanding toolbox.  

Congratulations! Please know that your experience is indeed inspiring and is also helping those of us who are newly embarking on this life saving adventure.

LngRedRose
on 4/20/15 2:28 am

Sparky,  It is a lifelong committment.  It is so easy to slide back into the carb trap because carbs go down soooo easy and you can eat so much of it...

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/15 8:54 pm
VSG on 03/04/14 with

Regain is my biggest fear. I'm so glad your are able to refocus.

LngRedRose
on 4/20/15 2:27 am

Regain should be everyone's biggest fear.  It is real.  I happens.. .more times than not unless you change the way you eat for the rest of your life.

ordersteps
on 4/17/15 10:53 pm, edited 4/17/15 10:57 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Karen what a brave post.  Congrats on your refocus.  I am being sleeved on Monday and this is a revision for the band.  The band worked in the beginning however the way in which it worked was a bit harsh and unfulfilling.  I have heard of gaining the weight back and have seen others with my own eyes that have had the surgery and you could not tell. My question to you is how do you refocus with a sleeve and get back on track? (please remember I am just doing this, so there is no reference point for me) The sleeve is a tool, is it that you can eat more?  So, if you refocus, how does the weight come off  in line of the tool. I think what is concerning me is that when one loses their focus and gains the weight back, it's almost like you are one without the tool and have to go back to being someone that has not been sleeved and start all over.....now I could be wrong, again I am speaking from a place of .....cluelessness.   When I think of having 80% of the stomach removed, I just thought you could not gain the weight back.....please help me understand this, I am a bit concerned.  Thank you and I apologize if I sound somewhat too direct, not to offend, I just need to know this is a HUGE DEAL and  I do not ever want to be this size again.  Thank you kindly for any light you can shed on this.

LngRedRose
on 4/20/15 2:25 am

Sadly more folks than not, gain the weight back.  You can eat around the sleeve.  Carbs seem to slide down while meat and protein are a bit harder to get down.  You get hungry faster after the honeymoon period is over.  You can't eat a lot at one sitting so the hunger returns.  You can DEFINITELY regain the weight back... faster and easier than you would think.  This is a TOOL... a lifestyle change.  You will have to watch what you eat the rest of your life.  You will eat protein first, veggies second and hopefully no room after that.  You can ask me anything... I am real, honest and upfront.  :)  Good luck.

Lee ~
on 4/18/15 3:27 am - CA

Big kudos for getting yourself back on track!  I too find life much easier when restricting my carb levels.  Good job!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

LngRedRose
on 4/20/15 2:26 am

Thanks Lee.. I am getting there... slowly but surely! :)

robinreinhardt
on 4/20/15 3:28 am

Karen,

Thank you for your post. Sorry you had a gain. Sounds like you are back on track tho. All protein and low carbs plus exercise is the key. It certainly is hard work tho. I had RNY on 12/15/14. Omg it's dedication to a healthy diet. Good luck Karen and keep up the good work.

Robin

Most Active
Recent Topics