Extra saliva anyone?

Queen_Q89
on 4/10/15 7:32 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

Almost 2 months post sleeve and I have an excessive amount of saliva. Phlegmy saliva to be exact. I'm not talking about when you have to vomit and your mouth starts watering! Sometimes after eating or drinking I get a very uncomfortable feeling in my throat. The only way to get relief is to vomit and the only thing that comes up is slimy saliva! Why is this happening?

Ms Shell
on 4/10/15 8:22 am - Hawthorne, CA

You're eating to much/to fast...it's commonly referred to as "slimies and/or foamies" 

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

psren13
on 4/10/15 8:22 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I think you are experiencing the "foamies".  I am 4 weeks out and have had it twice.  It happens if you eat/drink too fast or too much.  Try cutting back on amount and slow down.  Space your bites/drink not til you fill full.  Stop before that.  Measure and undereat/drink your "tool".  It may also be some acid.  Are you on PPI?  If not perhaps need one and if so perhaps different brand or dose.  I am no expert but that are a few of the things I have read on here.  I have experienced the "foamies" with a tightnes in the throat/upper chest then the extra "saliva".  Good luck.  

lianna
on 4/10/15 12:43 pm - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

Yep, you are "sliming".  Can be from bites or sips that are too big, or taken to close together.  Make sure bites are small and chewed well, and wait a few seconds in between bites.  It can also happen from having a few bites too many.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

Most Active
Recent Topics