Anyone else April 29 th .. Self pay revision so scared ... Help

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/15 10:31 pm

Between terrified and excited. This is been a long time in the coming back-and-forth. Family is totally 50/50 and worried!! Can't you just try again to lose weight is the mantra....  its making things painful and difficult and confusing to say the least. Or just postpone it a little longer.  Well seeing things like full sense soon to hit the market certainly doesn't help. IM I about to do something that's going to be outdated in three years ... I suppose I'm jaded after that the band for many years of insanity. 

I'm also not reading about all the neuro issues they are now seeing. I suppose a melt down! Reality ha**** 

I need some wisdom ! Help 

will this pass ? Did or do you feel this way... 

How did you cope? 

I feel like running from my date again! 

artie512
on 4/12/15 2:40 am

29th also

Gwen M.
on 4/12/15 3:15 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Well.. I think it's important to remember why you chose this surgery in the first place.  For me, I chose it because it's best for me and my life - and I didn't care what anyone else thought or if they were supportive or not.  

Your sleeve won't get outdated, the surgery has been around for forever.  And, even if it does, it's still going to benefit you.  So if you reach your goal weight and maintain, who cares if no one else gets the VSG again?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Meghan704
on 4/12/15 5:30 am
VSG on 06/16/15

What neuro issues are you referring to?

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/15 7:48 am

Thank you you're absolutely right! I suppose things are just getting real. I got them from a journal I found online called bariacrtic times I believe March 2014 edition. 

Thank you for your input everything you said is incredibly grounding and resonates. I also listen dr Duc Vuong ...extremely inspirational and calming too. There's so much noise from the past. But plain and simple I have to get over it and move on! 

By by the way you weight loss is stunning ! Congratulations! We have a very similar build as in height and starting weight. Thank you for reaching out truly appreciated 😘

psychoticparrot
on 4/12/15 1:45 pm

If you feel that newer and possibly better technology and techniques may make the VSG obsolete, remember the band craze 10 years ago. It was the newest and hottest gadget that promised quick weight loss. I got swept away with it too and had the band surgery and had to pay for it all myself. Upshot -- the band never did me a bit of good, and in fact, undermined my health because I had to eat crappy food that would get through it without blocking it. A bariatric nurse from Johns Hopkins told me that the band fails for 60% of the patients who get it.

Look up some studies that compare the sleeve with by-pass surgery. Most of the stats I looked at indicated that although by-pass patients lose more weight initially, the sleevers tend to do better with long-term maintenance of weight loss.

I'm 2 1/2 months post-op and still have some healing to do, but I'm really glad I got the surgery. I dropped 45 pounds so far. The sleeve works if you're willing to work with it by eating the right amounts of healthy food and doing some exercise. I'm already feeling better than I have in the last 10 years.

It's your decision. All I can say is that the sleeve is working great for me and for many others, and I'm committed to working with it. With my health problems, I couldn't afford to wait to see if something better would come along.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Mary Gee
on 4/12/15 7:01 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

It's normal to be both terrified and excited.  And it's normal for family to be concerned.

Just remember you're doing this for yourself.  Your life will improve tremendously.  Do not run!! Otherwise, you will be full of regrets.  Pre-op jitters are normal.  Keep your eyes on the prize - a new, healthy life!

Good luck on the 29th.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/15 12:38 pm

Thank you for your support on it perfectly being normal to feel terrified! It's amazing how comforting it is to know others who felt just like you and they made it! With each passing day getting closer to my surgical date I am growing stronger. Moreover, I truly appreciate the support that I'm getting here it makes the difference! Thank you both

Most Active
Recent Topics