Feeling guilty

krisbrick
on 4/7/15 8:05 am

I'm almost 7 weeks out from surgery and feel guilty about eating items that are not protein foods. I'm at the transition phase of my eating plan and have incorporated more veggies and some fruit. My plan also says that I can eat a certain amount of starches , but I'm scared to eat them. I've been back to work for 2 weeks now and I am struggling with head hunger, esp when stressed. Does anyone have any advice or tips for me? I'm feeling a sense of doom, like I'm going to fail at this. I did eat a couple of things on Easter, that I probably shouldn't and felt so terrible about it the next  day. 

Pre surgery weight 268lb, lowest weight 185lb current weight 204lb. Trying to get back on track! 

Dan1962
on 4/7/15 9:21 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I do!  I struggled with head hunger hard core when I was first out.  I had to find an activity.  I walk a lot, or lift weights, or read this forum.  And then once I got to the point of eating some other foods, I ate and still eat a lot of celery.  That's my go too, but the head hunger is much better than in the beginning.  My trigger was also stress.....and I still have to make myself sit in my office for lunch and not go out.  It takes work but if you are aware of it, thats half the battle!

Tracy D.
on 4/8/15 12:21 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My advice:  protein and veggies only until you get to maintenance.  Once in a great while let yourself have a half of a fruit - but make sure you are pairing that with protein so you don't get a blood sugar spike.  

NO STARCHES - none!  Not until you hit maintenance.  You should be very scared to eat them.  You will kick off the carb monster and will actually create head hunger and physical cravings in yourself.  

Forgive yourself for what you ate on Sunday and do better today...and tomorrow...and the next day.  That's what matters in the end. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gwen M.
on 4/8/15 10:46 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you seeing a therapist?  I think that will help a lot with all of these feelings you're experiencing right now.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics