Here I am AGAIN

LeAnn B.
on 4/7/15 12:41 am - OH

Thank you so much for your positivity! I realize that I just have to do this for me. For my health. I'm praying it will work out some how! 

karlykay
on 4/7/15 8:39 am

I had surgery in MX at the beginning of the year. I went through beliteweight and it was $6800, but the company also has a finance plan. I've heard alighterme is also good and a little less expensive. Just remember you need to find a doc to do some post op care such as blood work and insurance will probably not cover that (mine does not). Also, if you had complications when you got back, such as a leak, that would most likely be out of pocket as well. But all that being said, I'm so happy I had it done. Figure out a way to do this for yourself! Good luck to you!

LeAnn B.
on 4/7/15 9:48 am - OH

Thanks for the reply. What sort of post on blood work was needed (out of curiosity)? I have a high deductible insurance plan anyway.... So I pay everything put of pocket now anyway until the deductible is met. Ugh. Did you happen to have any complications after surgery? I'm looking at Mexico Bariatric Center, they seem to be pretty well known. Of course I'm still researching! 

lianna
on 4/7/15 1:06 pm - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I was Sleeved in Mexico, and my regular PCP does my followup labwork.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

DSJSMOM23
on 4/7/15 9:03 am
VSG on 06/24/14

If It were me, i'd have the surgery now, suck it up and live at home for another year, and save up to move out again. THat's just me though.

How bad is it at home? Can you stick it out a little while longer?

How long would it take you to save up the money again for surgery if you were moved out? Would it be something you could do?

My only regret is not having my surgery sooner. I wish I would have had it at 26. Im 45 and 9 months out and happier than I have ever been

I wish you the best!!! Good luck!

LeAnn B.
on 4/7/15 9:51 am - OH

Haha I love this response. While life here is difficult, it's not impossible. And the difficulty isn't 100% of the time. The majority.... But not all the time. So I think just sucking it up may have to work. If I wait for the "right" time I may be waiting forever. I don't want to waste any more time like this! 

recordsmom
on 4/8/15 3:52 am
RNY on 04/28/15
On April 7, 2015 at 4:03 PM Pacific Time, DSJSMOM23 wrote:

If It were me, i'd have the surgery now, suck it up and live at home for another year, and save up to move out again. THat's just me though.

How bad is it at home? Can you stick it out a little while longer?

How long would it take you to save up the money again for surgery if you were moved out? Would it be something you could do?

My only regret is not having my surgery sooner. I wish I would have had it at 26. Im 45 and 9 months out and happier than I have ever been

I wish you the best!!! Good luck!

I agree with this.  If I could stand it at home for a little while longer, I would get the surgery now.  I too, have wished I had gotten the surgery sooner.  I'm 54 and am scheduled to get it this month.  If I had done this in my 20's, it would have saved me so much aggravation and ill health (not to mention money spent on doctor bills and medications!)

Best of luck with your decision.  I'll look forward to seeing what you decide to do.

Sandra F.
on 4/7/15 9:49 am

@LeAnn B. - Yes I would recommend Dr. Garcia.  I paid $4400.00 plus airfare.  I have heard he has a $150.00 discount going on right now though, so act quick if you want it.  They require $500.00 down to book the surgery.  You just fly into San Diego, and their driver comes to get you and take you across the border.  His website is tijuanabariatrics.com and prices were listed on there when I did the surgery (6 months ago).  If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.  I am happy to help. 

LeAnn B.
on 4/7/15 9:24 pm - OH

Thank you for the information! I Contacted them last night! We shall see! 

Sandra F.
on 4/8/15 1:34 am

Glad to hear you contacted Dr. Garcia's office.  When I did my EXTENSIVE research on Mexico doctors, I found a lot of good things about him, on this and other WLS forums.  If you decide to do the surgery, just know that the pre-op and 1st month after surgery are the worst, but things will definitely get better.  It is the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself.  Keep me updated!

Most Active
Recent Topics