constant cold feet and hands

LeapSecond
on 4/10/15 11:12 pm - AR

I was expecting to be cold from WLS.  But I have always been an easy sweater. Now my hands and feet are freezing too.  My feet started to bruise and skin breakdown.  My podiatrist diagnosed me with Raynauds syndrome.  My body core remains warm.  I have been wearing chemical warmers that peal and stick on my socks and gloves on my hands.  My research has found no correlation with Raynauds and WLS but some medications can make it worse.  Either way staying warm is the treatment.   

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Pamela M.
on 4/13/15 3:03 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Okay, we all agree, we are freezing.  Now, the question - why?  Is it simply due to loss of fat insulation?  I used to wear sandals in the winter and never wore a coat.  Now, I am freezing! all the time.  Why???

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

happyteacher
on 4/13/15 9:32 am

We had a former poster explain it once... I am going to paraphrase (badly) and I cannot verify if it is true- but it does kind of make sense. There are different types of fat cells. During weight loss we lose the ones that are insulating. After weight loss stops eventually it evens out again and you are not as cold.

I am a few years out. I FROZE during the weightloss phase. No joke, in 90 degree heat I would go sit in my oven of a car for 5 minutes or so in an attempt to warm up. This past winter I noticed it was better- not normal, but better. When I put myself back in weight loss mode for brief stints (around 1-2 weeks normally) I get cold again. Go figure. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics