Crepes!?

wyo_sarah
on 4/7/15 12:01 am

The other day I made crepes for the kids for breakfast.  My mom used to work at a French restaurant and her recipe has about half the flour than the ones I found online.  There is only 1/2 cup of flour and that recipe makes about 15 crepes, so they are very low carb.  Last night my kids had leftover turkey quesadillas for dinner and I was feeling sad about not eating a tortilla.  So, I had an epiphany and decided to try to make a "quesadilla" with a crepe.  I warmed up the crepe in a pan and added some cheddar cheese and turkey.  It was really yummy!  And something different!

mmsmom
on 4/7/15 12:25 am - Woburn, MA

Sounds yummy - on that same line, I bought spring roll wrappers at the local asian store, cooked some thinly sliced beef, peppers and onions and then wrapped like a burrito in the spring roll wrapper and baked in the toaster oven.  I think the wrapper was like 20 or 30 calories and it was like having a sub, without all the bread

VSG on 04/28/2014

wyo_sarah
on 4/7/15 1:21 am

Great idea!  I like that we can be creative to make up for some of those things that we miss.

Sandra F.
on 4/7/15 10:36 am

This sounds good!  Low carb tortillas are great too.

hollykim
on 4/8/15 1:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 7, 2015 at 7:01 AM Pacific Time, wyo_sarah wrote:

The other day I made crepes for the kids for breakfast.  My mom used to work at a French restaurant and her recipe has about half the flour than the ones I found online.  There is only 1/2 cup of flour and that recipe makes about 15 crepes, so they are very low carb.  Last night my kids had leftover turkey quesadillas for dinner and I was feeling sad about not eating a tortilla.  So, I had an epiphany and decided to try to make a "quesadilla" with a crepe.  I warmed up the crepe in a pan and added some cheddar cheese and turkey.  It was really yummy!  And something different!

so where's therecipe? :)

wyo_sarah
on 4/8/15 1:46 am

I'm sorry!  I should've posted it!

1 cup milk

4 eggs

1/2 cup flour

2 tablespoons melted butter

If you are making a sweet crepe add 1 tablespoon of sugar and some vanilla.

That's it!!

Holly, I noticed that you are from Nashville.  My family is going there on vacation next month.  If you were to recommend one must see sight or activity in Nashville, what would it be?  Thanks :)

hollykim
on 4/8/15 7:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

thanks! Let me think about the attraction. DH and I are kinda still shocked that ppl come here for vacation,lol. We just live here ,so don't think about it being a tourist town,which ,of course it is,lol!

wyo_sarah
on 4/9/15 12:02 am

We are going to Nashville to visit some friends, but they haven't lived there long and they haven't done much.  Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics