Got sleeved monday

Karamelkiss
on 4/3/15 6:08 am

Got sleeved in nyc and so far my experience has been so dramatic to say the least. I was discharged on wednesday and although I feel a bit better as each day passes I'm in so much pain. i was told by thursday I could reintroduce the ensure plus i was taking pre op. Big mistake my stomach hates it now and the gas makes it almost impossible to drink it. Im n so much pain http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/crying.gif trying not to be dependent on the pain meds as they're so strong and known to be addictive. To top it all off all I can think about is eating. Im not really craving food i actually see commercials in my head for it lol. I'm so tired of drinking tea and water i want to eat so bad already. I didn't expect to be in this much pain and this uncomfortable :/ really hoping it gets better.

hollykim
on 4/3/15 7:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 3, 2015 at 1:08 PM Pacific Time, Karamelkiss wrote:

Got sleeved in nyc and so far my experience has been so dramatic to say the least. I was discharged on wednesday and although I feel a bit better as each day passes I'm in so much pain. i was told by thursday I could reintroduce the ensure plus i was taking pre op. Big mistake my stomach hates it now and the gas makes it almost impossible to drink it. Im n so much pain http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/crying.gif trying not to be dependent on the pain meds as they're so strong and known to be addictive. To top it all off all I can think about is eating. Im not really craving food i actually see commercials in my head for it lol. I'm so tired of drinking tea and water i want to eat so bad already. I didn't expect to be in this much pain and this uncomfortable :/ really hoping it gets better.

if you take the pain meds as prescribed,there is little chance you will become addicted. Life is going to be miserable u till you get the post surgical in u Der control so you can heal easily. All this stress you are causing from not medicating appropriately is only 

making everything worse.

molfish62
on 4/3/15 8:22 am
VSG on 03/07/15

Unless you have a history of dependence on/addiction to pain meds, you probably don't need to worry. Pain meds for a week or two as prescribed do not often make people dependent. 

I hate taking meds and I understand not wanting to develop dependence, but you need to take them so you aren't in such awful pain. If they do not help with your pain, that's a different matter & you need to get to an ER. 

Molly

VSG on 3/7/15. 

Add me on myfitnesspal: molfish6 

Sandra F.
on 4/3/15 8:31 am

You sound a lot like I did when I first got sleeved.  Just know it will get better!!

Anamira26
on 4/3/15 11:16 pm

Hi! I also got sleeved on Monday in NYC At Mt.sinai hospital and was discharged the next day. All of your concerns and pain has been mine as well. Very painful to drink or get anything down.  And I'm also missing food the act of just chewing I miss so much. Your post made me feel happy to say the least Bc Im like whoa ok I'm not alone. I was feeling guilty about missing food Bc the whole point of this surgery is to lead a healthier life. But it's not that I want to go back to old habits- it's just as U stated missing real food not just bland water, tea and protein shakes. 

What I will recommend is that you do take your pain medication when necessary for pain. Like my doctor Informed me we had surgery changes were made to the body and it will hurt. If you do not take The medication as indicated your placing more stress on the body and it will trickle and affect all other aspects of your recovery.  It's hard i didn't expect it to be this difficult and painful. But we will look back at this day and say we made it through !! Best of luck! 

Most Active
Recent Topics