Getting back on track!

wyo_sarah
on 4/6/15 12:55 am

I'm 8 months post op and have lost 107 lbs.  I'm feeling great!  But, lately, I've let some of those nasty carbs sneak their way in.  It is usually just a bite here or there...yesterday it was a bite of my son's chocolate bunny, a couple bites of the delicious orange rolls I made, a couple bites of carrot cake... HOLY COW!  I need to stop that!  I firmly believe that everything is fine in moderation, but I feel like I'm leaving "moderation" behind.  I'm up 2 lbs from Friday, but I don't really feel like I have *gained* weight because it is that time of the month and I think it is bloating.  However, I still have 8 more lbs I would like to lose and I would like to do that by May 21st when we leave on vacation.  I thought if I posted here I would be more accountable.  My goals going forward are to stop eating the bad for me carbs and to exercise more.  I was doing really well, but not so much any more.  

Thanks for helping me stay accountable. :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/15 2:02 am

Wow, you're pretty hard on yourself for a bit of off plan eating on a holiday. I say this because I have been the same way, too. I know how unproductive (actually counter productive) being so tough on yourself can be.

Yesterday was Easter Sunday. Lots of "forbidden food" hanging around on days like yesterday. For the kids the days centers on egg hunts and candies. For the grown ups it's usually a brunch, lunch, dinner and family get together of some kind. Even at church the Sunday spreads are usually out in full force. Even some churches seem to be out to derail planned eating. (I know that our church foyer was line with tables laid out with donuts and home baked goods.) Yesterday was a single day. Just because you have had VSG doesn't mean you don't get to enjoy a few "off plan" types of foods on special days.

Today is Monday and a brand new day and a brand new week. You can't change yesterday, but you can be in charge of today.

wyo_sarah
on 4/6/15 2:08 am

Thanks for your encouragement.  Unfortunately, it has been more than just yesterday, although yesterday was the worst.  

Luvmygs
on 4/6/15 3:13 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I like your last sentence! "You can't change yesterday, but you can be in charge today." Thank you. I needed this.

Most Active
Recent Topics