Is it cheating

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/1/15 11:07 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Please take care of yourself, like you said you're only a week out. If you can't change your environment then you'll have to step away from it. Your brother brings home pizza & you find it hard to resist, go out & take a walk. Temptation will be all around you, maybe tell your brother not to bring that stuff home, or tell him to eat it outside at the pizza parlor.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 4/1/15 11:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Do you really need to ask?  You know that it's cheating.  It's also a slippery slope to disordered eating.  If you're not seeing a therapist to combat this, START NOW.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rich_Vsg
on 4/1/15 12:02 pm
VSG on 03/23/15

Thanks for the responses everyone 

Starlene02
on 4/1/15 1:21 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

Hi Rich. While it doesn't seem like it would hurt anything, people who chew and spit out food can end up with dental problems, including cavities and gum disease. Chewing food also signals stomach acids to kick in, ready to do their job of digesting food. But without the actual food to digest, this may cause stomach problems. (Which makes me wonder how gum affects this? Not sure.. lol)  Also some of the calories in the food you chew will be absorbed into your body. So while it may seem like you are avoiding the calories in actuality you are absorbing an unknown amount of calories. You're better off not letting it become a habit. Make yourself eat a healthy snack and chances are the craving will subside. If not you'll just have to train yourself to not want it. Try to tell yourself pizza grosses you out.. what ever works for you. I haven't had my surgery yet but I have had a lot of weight issues and I wondered this myself at one point in time. Good Luck. I hope it gets easier for you.

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

GingerJen
on 4/1/15 1:33 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

I think it is easy to panic when you are on liquids and think "oh no! I won't ever be able to eat ___ again". It could be pizza or ice cream or fries. But the thing to get over now is that fight or flight reaction we developed over food. If you follow your program and work on your emotions, etc..you won't have to either fight your craving or flee from the food. If you get to that point you will find yourself having one piece of pizza-but without the need for another and without regret, etc. The goal is to eat like "normal" people who eat when hungry and stop when full. Maybe the have a dessert at a dinner party but they then don't go home and binge out of guilt. Normal people don't chew and spit out. So if you want to be able to eat a piece of pizza and have it be a normal experience, I wouldn't do that - especially this early. Good luck!

37 y/o female 5'8" HW 355 consult 329 SW (3/7/2014)301 CW 168 goal 170

M1- 26 M2- 14 M3- 15 M4 -13 M5 -16 M6-12 M7-2 M8-5 M9-6 M10-8 M11-1 M12-5  M13-10 Goal reached 4/5/15 total lost 187 lbs total; 133 in the 13 months since surgery

Kiwideb
on 4/1/15 10:36 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

I'll confess - I did this with a piece of bacon at about 2 weeks. Once. Eating disorder it did not make.

That doesn't mean it was a good thing to do, as everyone has said - actually put me off doing it again as mushed up bacon is pretty cruddy.

But yes, as mentioned, I fall in to that group of 'mysterious' people who did.

Rich_Vsg
on 4/2/15 3:20 am
VSG on 03/23/15

Thanks for your reply Kiwideb it feels good not to be the only one that "committed wls sin"  I'm definitely  not trying it again 

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/15 3:07 am
RNY on 05/04/15

What Grim said. I used to do this in high school when doing lots of crash diets. By my first year of college, it turned into full-blown regular bingeing and purging. It's taken a lot of time and a good amount of therapy to get my head in the game for WLS 12 years later. This one instance probably won't hurt you, but it's a very dangerous road to go down, and if you don't see a therapist already, I strongly suggest establishing with a health psychologist. Take care of yourself!

Rich_Vsg
on 4/2/15 3:23 am
VSG on 03/23/15

Once again I would like to thank everyone for there response 

Most Active
Recent Topics