Starting the Journey!

r_woods
on 4/3/15 8:23 am

Hi!  This is my first post here and I'm a little nervous...  I'm having my first visit with the surgeon on Wednesday and I was just wondering what should I expect?  I've been lurking around here for the last couple of weeks and you all give great advise, so I was hoping maybe someone could help alleviate some fears.  I'm ready to take on this journey!

Rhonda  :O)

Mary B.
on 4/3/15 1:31 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

I had my 1st appointment back in December.  My surgeon is part of a "full service" bariatric practice, so I met with several other people and finally the surgeon.  I saw my case/insurance coordinator, the finance person, the nurse, nutritionist (NUT) and someone who took my blood.  They were all very nice, provided an overwhelming amount of information and answered all of my questions.  When I finally saw the surgeon, he went over the different types of bariatric surgery that he does and asked what I thought I wanted.  I spent less time with him than with anyone else.  He put me at ease.  All in all, the appointment took over 2 hours.

BrookaTM
on 4/3/15 11:03 pm

Hi!

I had my first visit last Monday the 30th.  I saw the doctor after I was weighed and my medical history was gone over, spent about 20 minutes with the surgeon, who first offered to bypass me instead of the sleeve, and felt a little "used car salesman-y" to me.  After I told him I was only interested in the sleeve, he backed off. 

He went through my history again, breifly, told me I have to lose 10% of my body weight prior to surgery and I had to visit the nutritionist and exercise physiologist monthly until then, and told me I had to attend a support group meeting. 

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really what I had hoped for, having to lose 31 pounds is really messing with me. 

:-)

Brooka

HW 342, Consult weight 317, 308 current weight   

Most Active
Recent Topics