Last min questions for band to sleeve patients

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/15 8:15 am

greetings,

1. Any of you outpatient?

2. Did you have your surgery open if so how big is the incision/was recovery more difficult than laparoscopic?

3. What is the difference between a full sensation between bad to VSG. 

4. if you drink does it push thew like band? 

5. Did any of you ceased to lose the weight you desired .. 

mickeymantle
on 3/26/15 10:28 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I never had a band

but most are done laparscopicly

my hubby had open colon surgery and he was in the hospital for  WEEK  and was on IV pain killers the whole time ., but I was on liquid pain killers as soon as I was oked to drink the next morning

if you drink with a sleeve it will flush the food thru that is with any wls , Im still losing after 1 1/2 YEARS  im a heavy weight

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

psychoticparrot
on 3/26/15 11:08 am

1. 2 days in the hospital.

2. Surgery was done by laparoscopically.

3. Not much difference in satiety sensations with band and VSG. VSG is perhaps a bit more forgiving than the band.

4. Not sure what you mean. With the VSG, eating and drinking are never done at the same time.

5. I'm only 2 months post-op; I've lost 42 pounds so far, although I have much more to lose. Those who have reached, or failed to reach, their weight goals must answer this question.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/15 11:57 am

Thanks everyone !! :)) 

I had a band for almost ten years and I did drink after year 5 or so ... No weight gain as result of that .. But  I under stand with sleeve you can not 

on satiety band /vsg ... Thanks  with the band it was never a belly full feeling it was more like stuck in throat .. 

On the open surgery question I was asking because I have extensive scar tussiue and it my become something my dr needs to do ... 

Thanks again

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/15 11:59 am

Thanks everyone !! :)) I had a band for almost ten years and I did drink after year 5 or so ...No weight gain as result of that ..

But I under stand with sleeve you can not on satiety band /vsg ...

Thanks with the band it was never a belly full feeling it was more like stuck in throat ..

On the open surgery question I was asking because I have extensive scar tussiue and it my become something my dr needs to do ... Thanks again

Sandy M.
on 3/27/15 3:46 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Hi there,

1. I spent one night in the hospital, which is pretty standard

2. Nope - laparoscopic.  There are few reasons why they'd have to do open these days

3. For me, the sensation is completely different.  With the band, I felt the fullness more in my throat, like food getting stuck.  With VSG, it's the normal full sensation people without surgery have.

4. I guess so...but you shouldn't drink with your meals anyway!

5. After the surgery, the weight you lose is up to you - if you follow the program, track your calories/protein/carbs, you will get to goal.  You must be committed to permanently changing your lifestyle!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/15 10:40 am

Thank you exactly the information I was looking for 

Most Active
Recent Topics