How long are you able to take off work?

Journey2be
on 3/26/15 9:43 pm

I could have taken more 6wks or more depending on what my surgeon approved. I took 5 wks. I have 2 wks left and I'm doing to be sad going back I've enjoyed my time off and being home with my kiddos. 

HW: 265, surgery wt 245, post op wt 254.  VSG: 3/3/15

sechax0r
on 3/26/15 10:55 pm
VSG on 11/03/14

My company has an unlimited leave policy but I didn't want to put my coworkers in a lurch. I work at home in front of a computer. I had surgery on Monday and was back to work on Thursday. Was I ready, not at all. I had "brain fog" for about a week. After it didn't go so well, I worked on and off the following week, taking breaks for walking, sipping, and napping. 

zballard
on 3/27/15 12:16 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

I have a very physically demanding job and took off 6 weeks. I tried to get more time out of my doctor but she wouldn't allow it. But when by the time 4 weeks was up I was ready to go back to work but my honey would hear of it. Glad I stayed home the six weeks and got the much needed rest and learned how to adjust to my new life.

5ft HW 244 SW      

Valerie G.
on 3/27/15 12:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My doc asked me how long I wanted to take off and wrote the note for me to get it.  I took off 8 weeks (Halloween to New Years) through the winter holidays.  I was very glad for it, too, for I was a cheap date to the anesthesia, and very listless for 5 weeks.  When I returned, I hit the ground running and didn't look back.  Some others will return earlier depending on the type of job, etc.  I will warn that there is an 8lb rule for about 8 weeks for lift/push/pull, and people who had to do any critical thinking made some really bad errors trying to return too early.

For Short-term disability, you'll want to ask what the waiting period is.  I waited two weeks for it to kick in, and my vacation time took care of that part. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics