No Support.....Going it alone

Hislady
on 3/22/15 10:54 am - Vancouver, WA

You are far from alone I would bet half or more of the people here have revised from band to sleeve. It was known since around 2008 that the band was useless but even when some of us tried to warn people they went on ahead anyway. There are so many people who have had to revise and the majority have done very well this time with the sleeve, it is a surgery that has worked for a very long time so you will have success this time, just follow the surgeons rules and concentrate on protein and you will come out fine. The folks here will help anytime they can!!

C J
on 3/22/15 11:47 pm - , TN

Thank You so much.....I need support from everyone....especially folks who have been there!

Living > Existing

256/231/135

LovesDoggs
on 3/23/15 5:04 am - Clayton, CA

You are not alone.  We are all here and we really want to support you.  Many of us don't share what we are doing so many of us go it alone.  Some are alone after surgery too. Having someone check in with you or you staying somewhere for a short time might be best though.

My doctor told me he thought the LapBand people would be going BK so you aren't alone there.

My VSG has been a god send...no joke.  Health issues...gone.  Pain...gone.  Social life...off the charts...  I wouldn't trade it for anything no matter what happens in the future.

Am I still working on drinking enough water all day long. Yep!  Am I perfect.  Nope...but I'm darn good and all has gone well.  

So between now and then work on your habits.  Drink lots of water.  Exercise a bit...whatever that means...improve your habits.  One thing for sure is that this surgery is an aid...not a fix.  Your habits will keep you healthy or not.  The surgery gives you the tools (low hunger, low volume..etc) to make it happen.

Stay strong...we can do this!

T. Kaupp

HW 241 SW 226 GW 140  CW 3/23/15   147   I can do this!!

C J
on 3/23/15 6:35 am - , TN

I am so excited... I simply can not weight!!!!

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Most Active
Recent Topics