Bulletproof coffee vsg friendly

Kathy8429
on 3/23/15 12:59 am, edited 3/23/15 1:12 am

ive been reading about this phenomenonal drink on the web. I'm a big proponent of coconut oil and have been since 3 months post op when my hair started falling out. Anyways, I digress... I made my own version today and I think it's super awesome

1 tbs coconut oil

2 pkg Starbucks via (any hot coffee would work)

1/2 scoop protein powder

splash of toriani flavored syrup

i put the coconut oil in my blendtec and pulsed it with a splash of boiling water until it was completely emulsified. Then added the coffee powder and toriani. Whiz it a couple seconds. Add the protein powder then whiz it again. 

Slowly add boiling water while blender is on low

notes- I think emulsifying the coconut oil was the secret. I always add coconut oil to my protein coffee but it's never creamy. This made it incredibly creamy. 

I also did not add grass fed butter. The Internet touts this stuff as a miracle food and it may be. But I don't know where I would find 100%grassfed butter. I'm thinking it means unpasteurized. I have lived in a rural area before and I've seen how cows live. I'm not eating anything unpasteurized. Anyways that's my crazy

try this it's great 

ald731
on 3/23/15 1:17 am
VSG on 04/07/14

The most common brand for the grassfed butter is Kerrygold. They sell it in most grocery stores, although the unsalted version (which I prefer) is a little harder to find.

April:  HW- 323, SW-310, CW-159 (as of 9/25/15), Goal- 140; Pre-op (-13), M1 (-17), M2 (-16), M3 (-14), M4 (-13), M5 (-12), M6 (-8), M7 (-12), M8 (-8), M9 (-8), M10 (-5), M11 (-7), M12 (-5), M13 (-7), M14 (-0), M15 (-1), M16 (-5), M17 (-5)

Tracy D.
on 3/23/15 3:42 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Trader Joe's carries Kerrygold butter also. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

susiecomelately
on 3/23/15 1:53 am

Will try the bulletproof coffee your way, I tryed it with the butter and wasn't impressed :), I'm 4+ mos post op and am loosing hair, haven't heard about coconut oil for this, did it help you? Would love to hear any info you have with hair lose, I'm not taking biotin and using rogaine. Thanks, Sue

Kathy8429
on 3/23/15 2:25 am

It doesn't make hair grow but it provides some fat in the diet. Coconut oil is a medium chain fat so the body has to work hard to make it fat. Someone recommended it to me on this site. 

Journey2be
on 3/23/15 2:08 am, edited 3/23/15 3:23 am

Interesting could you tell us a little more about what coconut oil does for you? And how it effects the hair loss?

HW: 265, surgery wt 245, post op wt 254.  VSG: 3/3/15

Valerie G.
on 3/23/15 11:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It doesn't help with hair loss at all - but benefits the new hair about to emerge that's pushing out the old hair.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

LovesDoggs
on 3/23/15 4:38 am - Clayton, CA

My doc told me if I didn't eat enough protein I'd lose my hair.  He had me eat 90 gms.  Was not easy to keep up with but I got close most of the time and didn't lose any hair.  Many of the women in a support group I attend were told 60 gms and did lose their hair.  I ate very little oil, kept it to lean meats and green veggies and am still doing that.  I'm unable to exercise much but I'm only 5 lbs away from goal so all seems well.  Coffee gives me a bit of gerd though. 

Keep drinking!  Love the yummy ideas on this board!

T. Kaupp

HW 241 SW 226 GW 140  CW 3/23/15   147   I can do this!!

Kiwideb
on 3/23/15 11:27 am
VSG on 01/19/15

Grass fed means grass fed. Unlike the USA food chain, where most are in sheds / fed grains.

Buy butter from overseas - anything from New Zealand, kerrygold, lurpak etc. Our cows live in paddocks and eat grass :), tastes rather different.

hollykim
on 3/25/15 4:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 23, 2015 at 7:59 AM Pacific Time, Kathy8429 wrote:

ive been reading about this phenomenonal drink on the web. I'm a big proponent of coconut oil and have been since 3 months post op when my hair started falling out. Anyways, I digress... I made my own version today and I think it's super awesome

1 tbs coconut oil

2 pkg Starbucks via (any hot coffee would work)

1/2 scoop protein powder

splash of toriani flavored syrup

i put the coconut oil in my blendtec and pulsed it with a splash of boiling water until it was completely emulsified. Then added the coffee powder and toriani. Whiz it a couple seconds. Add the protein powder then whiz it again. 

Slowly add boiling water while blender is on low

notes- I think emulsifying the coconut oil was the secret. I always add coconut oil to my protein coffee but it's never creamy. This made it incredibly creamy. 

I also did not add grass fed butter. The Internet touts this stuff as a miracle food and it may be. But I don't know where I would find 100%grassfed butter. I'm thinking it means unpasteurized. I have lived in a rural area before and I've seen how cows live. I'm not eating anything unpasteurized. Anyways that's my crazy

try this it's great 

you must have lived neare factory farm cows. I live near and buy raw milk from a truly organic grass fed cow arm. The cows live in and eat lush green grass every day. They are rotated from one area to another as needed. They are milked twice daily,by hand,in the middle of the astute,for anyone to see. Pastures ing kills everything good in the product. 

Most Active
Recent Topics