Fed Up

C J
on 3/18/15 1:06 pm - , TN

How did you like optifast?  I was thinking of drinking Premier shakes?

Living > Existing

256/231/135

robinreinhardt
on 3/17/15 5:04 am

CJ,

Thank you for the post. I think sugar is the Devil Lol. Hate it and pray I can stay away from it. Good luck to you too.

Robin

C J
on 3/18/15 12:15 am - , TN

Thank You!!!!! :)))

Living > Existing

256/231/135

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/15 6:39 am
with

I agree!  One of the best documentaries I've ever seen.  It explains so much and helps validate my feelings as to why I'm obese and the cravings.  It's not as simple as just get off the couch and do it like so many people are being told. 

C J
on 3/17/15 7:18 am - , TN

EXACTLY.....I love his glutton and sloth analogy he uses!

Living > Existing

256/231/135

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/17/15 9:28 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Fed Up is a great documentary. I bought it as soon as it came out on iTunes. It's amazing how powerful the sugar industry is. To this day the amount of sugar that's in foods still isn't listed in the ingredients, it only lists if sugar is in the food. If people knew how much sugar they're really eating as per the rda, they'd flip out!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

C J
on 3/18/15 12:08 am - , TN

I thought it was awesome as well!  Lots of great info!

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/17/15 10:56 am
RNY on 08/05/19

From a scientific perspective, "Fed Up" is full of scientific and statistical misinformation. These experts have put together a good list of errors. In fact, scientific evidence showing sugar as a major (singular) cause of obesity is weak and affected by many other factors.

Additionally, there's no scientific basis for most of aromatherapy. If a particular smell makes you feel better and distracts you from eating, that's peachy. Claims such as that bergamot stimulates the endocrine system-- and is therefore good for weight loss-- are complete bunk; oil of bergamot is not listed on any endocrine disruptor list.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

more2adore
on 3/17/15 4:49 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

If only this board had a "like" button... :)

C J
on 3/18/15 12:57 pm, edited 3/18/15 12:57 pm - , TN

....I want you to know that the post below yours isn't for you.  I was responding to someone else that I think blocked me.  I hate that.  I wasn't trying to be ugly.... I guess when she blocked me, her posts either disappeared or she deleted them.  I would apologize to her if I could send her a message.  We had opposing views on the subject of sugar.  Variety is the spice of life....Individuality is a good thing.

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Most Active
Recent Topics