Can anyone recommend any good books on vgs

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/19/15 11:27 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 12:29 am

I missed it :(

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 12:32 am

thanks I'm going to look back to yesterdays posts.

frisco
on 3/19/15 12:12 pm

OH VSG member debk21 has a book out from a patients perspective.

http://www.sleevedforlife.com/

It's a broader look than just food, but if your not coming from a strong program it would be a great read as I know debk knows what's up !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 12:31 am

I think  I saw something  like that on amazon, the title  definitely said something about "from a patients perspective". Thank you. Gwen has a log that I am going to look at and see if I can borrow some of her ideas.

NYMom222
on 3/19/15 12:30 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was going to say the same thing, your protein shake should have a minimum of 20g... I add unflavored to mine if it doesn't have enough, I like them to always have 30g.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

bob-h
on 3/19/15 10:26 pm, edited 3/19/15 10:27 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

If your running a 10k a month after surgery I don't think you need much advice from any "vets".  I would bet they were not even walking a 10k that soon after surgery. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think I would call bull**** on that statement. Good luck and if you run your 10k every other day you will do fine on this journey and can probably eat whatever you want .

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 12:26 am

bulls**t on which statement? I have done 2 10ks this week. Monday and yesterday.That's the honest truth. Please explain yourself.

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 12:38 am

my 10k 's are a combination of powerwalking and jogging. I belong to a club for women and we support one another and train together. I have been a personal  trainer for over 15 yrs. I am very fit. I did say in the beginning that I have been a fit person all my life. I began to put wt on when I had to take antidepressants and anxiety meds. Someone here thought that was a good excuse  to poke fun  at me and asked "just how many calories are in those meds, like the size of a chocolate cake" or some such stupidity.  Any one who doesn' understand the wt gain associated with SSRI's please google it. I can't understand why some people are so mean.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/20/15 3:24 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I think the skepticism comes not from your weight, but from the fact that you had major surgery so recently.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics