VSG revision

csamh
on 3/16/15 9:34 am

If your referring to me as the OP, I am clearly not eating more than I need to probably the opposite.  I think I am not getting enough of the protein that is needed. 

Chilipepper
on 3/16/15 9:48 am

Then reevaluate your diet and start fresh. Coming here is the first step in recognizing the problem. Get that sleeve working again. You can do it! :)

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/16/15 6:10 am

We are all now dumber for having read this.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Chilipepper
on 3/16/15 8:49 am
On March 15, 2015 at 10:33 PM Pacific Time, mickeymantle wrote:

I would suggest you measure and track all your food to see what you are really eating, bet more than you think 

maybe a eating disorder therapist might help

sleeves don't stop working but it is easy to not use the tool correctly , go dig out you plan and get back to it 

a rny is more likely to stop working after a year or 2 than a sleeve

if you need more help a ds might be a better option , you already have the sleeve half done and you will not have many of the eating problems many people with the rny have ( food getting stuck , not being able to eat some food , no nsaid pain killers )

You need to stop passing bad information around these boards.  You have NO experience with an RNY so you no idea what you are talking about.  Spreading "what you may have heard" information around the boards is crap.   

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

csamh
on 3/16/15 9:29 am

I didn't say the sleeve stop working I said I stopped losing. 

rocky513
on 3/16/15 9:35 am - WI

The "stopped working" posts were meant for mickeymantle,  not in response to your original post.  She was saying that RNY stopped working after a few years.  We  were calling her out on her misinformation about the RNY surgery.  RNY works just as well as VSG for weight loss and the complications she listed are all B.S.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

LngRedRose
on 3/15/15 11:25 pm

I am researching this myself.  Most folks do not want to hear about "failure" with the sleeve.  Somehow they always want to blame the person, etc.  I had mine in 2008.  I lost over 100 lbs.  Gained back 60.  I am miserable.  I am considering the DS.  Is there a reason you aren't considering the DS?  I am curious.. because maybe I am missing something.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/16/15 3:35 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Unless your stomach somehow returns to the same size it was before surgery, the tool does not physically fail.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

csamh
on 3/16/15 9:30 am

It has not failed, I simply said I stopped losing.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/16/15 10:33 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I was referring to the previous poster's comment about sleeves failing.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics