2 days til surgery........

J. Whitney
on 3/14/15 10:55 pm
VSG on 03/17/15

I'm  very nervous, I have never had surgery before!! I'm a nurse so I keep thinking of all of the possible things that can happen.

Also, wondering how today and tomorrow are going to go with no protein and no tomato  juice.  Strictly clear liquids, oh boy!!!! 

So proud of myself for not cheating at all the last 2 weeks and walking 10 miles this week.  This is my NEW start.......

Jen

sleeve_scholar
on 3/14/15 11:09 pm
VSG on 03/09/15

I had vsg sugery last Monday and like yourself, had never had surgery before last week. What I can share with my experience is that day 1 was easy in that I was under the best pain medication. However, on day 2 they stop the IV pain meds and the meds they gave you in the OR room/recovery room has no worn off. So in essence, days 2 and 3 were my worst days in terms of pain. I should note that the pain wasn't unbearable, but more noticeable than day 1. By day 4 I didn't even need much pain meds since I went home on day 3 from the hospital. Overall, it has been a lot easier than I thought it was going to be considering I've never had surgery before.

I wish you well on your surgery day and I know you'll have a speedy recovery as well. You can do it! See you on the losers bench!

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." -- Jim Rohn

jenn1469
on 3/14/15 11:14 pm

Awsome your doing so good!!!

no worries this surgery at the most only takes 2 hours you'll do great.

wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

Jennifer

Thebiggestloser
on 3/15/15 12:28 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Agree with above. Day two was the hardest. It was also my first surgery and for me it was easy peasy. 

Most Active
Recent Topics