"Don't get too skinny" (RANT)

MAchick
on 3/14/15 10:53 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Oh HELL no. That would just give me MORE drive to lose weight LOL. What a rude thing to say, talk about jealousy showing.

NYMom222
on 3/14/15 8:39 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am 5'11" so I get it, 170 is  normal not underweight. I am not near my goal and I have people asking me if I am sick, or 'did you lose weight on purpose?'

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Bella_Fein
on 3/14/15 10:44 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Geez! I hear ya! Everyone says I look great and hope I don't lose more. "You're so tiny already!". Bull ****! I am 147 pounds at 5'5". I am just barely at a normal BMI. Highest normal BMI is 24.9 and I am 24.5. Granted I have a good 10 pounds of skin, but I am far from underweight. I love everyone's opinion on my weight. NOT!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/15 4:24 am

Good for you. We are the same height I will be 57 tomorrow. Your current weight is my goal  weight. that is a perfectly healthy wt. I think  sometimes people just aren't mindful  about what they are saying. Enjoy your good health you deserve  it.

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/15 4:25 am

some pple don't get it and never will. do you girl. proud of ya

Spencerella
on 3/15/15 4:33 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Not to suggest that the these type of statements are anything other than incredibly rude, I've found that they do stop after awhile.  People get used to how you look and move on, thank gawd!  Now, people see and appreciate me for the petite person I am (at just 5'2").  They'll eventually get over themselves.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Nikke2003
on 3/15/15 11:34 pm, edited 3/15/15 11:35 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I feel your pain. I get them too. My Mom just did it over the weekend... I met her at a neighboring town and we were shopping. She kept insisting everything I was picking up was "way too big for me" and that I was like a size 8. Um, please... nowhere close! I tried on a size 10 dress and it was too tight on the bottom... way too tight and she STILL didn't believe me that I wear a 12 lol even after seeing the evidence!

Other than what was removed via plastic surgery, I have not lost a pound in 13 months.... people still insist every time they see me (usually in a new outfit) that I've lost more.... lol

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Tracy D.
on 3/16/15 4:49 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Stacy - I got this a lot even when I wasn't at my goal weight.  Even though I wanted to lose more I dealt with it by just saying "Nope, I'm done losing weight".  

And when people would say "You get smaller every time I see you" I would smile and say "That's funny because I'm the exact same weight I was at Thanksgiving LAST year!"  People would then say "But you look smaller!" and I tell them that's because now I wear clothes that actually FIT :-)   That tends to shut them up.  

I had to recently shut someone down who was going on and on about how I was "wasting away".  I just laughed and told her she had a bad memory since I was wearing the exact same jeans I was wearing a year ago and they fit exactly the same.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

momsy55
on 3/16/15 6:21 am - ME

The other thing I found was that I lost a lot of weight, initially, in certain places, like my face and butt.  My face looked gaunt for awhile.  I kept thinking I was sitting or lying on something until I realized it was my butt.  After awhile, the weight seemed to redistribute so my cheeks were a little fuller and my butt had some cushion back - all without any weight gain.  Not to excuse people, but maybe that's something that's happening.  Just a thought!  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Most Active
Recent Topics