former lap bander looking for some information as I prepare for VSG!!

jill M.
on 3/13/15 12:52 pm

Hello to this community! I have completed my pre op work up and await my appt with my surgeon so that my case can be submitted to insurance. I had a band placed in 2009 and lost and kept of 80 pounds for 3.5 years. Then my band decided it did not like me anymore and, after begin unable to swallow anything good for me anymore and gaining back way too much weight, I had it removed a year ago. I am waiting to see my surgeon after knowing all the pre op work up for a VSG and wanted to introduce myself here and ask for your advice for newbies and any information about what I can expect. I know about life with a band but now wonder how that will differ with the sleeve. I would love any and all advice, info and encouragement that you are able to offer. Many thanks!!

Jill

Jill            
mickeymantle
on 3/13/15 3:51 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if the band worked for you you will do great with the sleeve , it is what the band was sapose to be

food will not get stuck , unless you eat big pieces and don't chew , I have not vomited once in 1 1/2 years

I can eat any type of food but choose to stay on plan and eat right 95 % of the time

I am a slow loser always have been but I lose something  every month

my health is much better and I have a much more active life now

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

gwen41539
on 3/13/15 10:09 pm - kimper, KY

Hi Jill imagine a former bander too and had mine removed in December I will have the sleeve in June :) it's.pretty similar lifestyle changes hope.to.see you posting often

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics