How much can you guys eat before being full

momsy55
on 3/10/15 1:54 am - ME

At 18 days out, I had just started soft foods.  I could eat one scrambled egg yolk (I can't remember why I couldn't eat the whites back then!), a couple of tablespoons of egg salad, etc.  Now, 3 1/2 years later, I can eat just about anything, though I choose to stay away from certain foods, as they are triggers.  I can eat 4-6 oz of dense protein with some veggies now, and then I'm full.  Slider foods, though, I can graze on all day, so I stay away from them.  As your stomach continues to heal, you'll be able to eat a variety of foods and  more than now.  I agree with others that, if you continue to experience pain, check with your WLS program.  Otherwise, try (I know it's hard) to be patient, and heal.   Hang in there!  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

White Dove
on 3/10/15 2:53 am - Warren, OH

Enjoy these early days.  Your body will adjust and at over seven years out, I could eat a full plate of food if I wanted to.  I sometimes miss the old days when a few spoonfuls of food filled me up.  It does not last.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Stacy_WLS
on 3/10/15 3:01 am

Early out this is normal.

Further out the amount you can eat depends on what you are eating.  I could eat endless about of processed junk.  Protein / veggies -- I can eat about a cup.  I know I have a relatively large sleeve though.  I'm guessing my volume will still increase a bit overtime -- I'm ~15 months out.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Most Active
Recent Topics