Did anyone have surgery at Good Sam Hospital in Suffern New York?

kmmhadnot
on 3/11/15 6:41 am

I have a few questions

NYMom38
on 3/11/15 8:15 am

Me!  On 12/3 with Dr. Rivera.  Ask away!

Sleeved 12/3/14

kmmhadnot
on 3/11/15 9:41 am

That is who I am using.... I am just starting my process now and super excited.  If I am responsible for anything do you know if good sam makes you pay it all up front? How was your recovery? I have had 3 c sections and gallbladder out I am wondering if it is worse then any of those

NYMom38
on 3/11/15 10:48 am

Dr. Rivera is fabulous!  The office is fantastic and i love that they have such support with the nutritionist after surgery.  I was responsible for $3200 at a Good Sam.  I am on an 18 month payment plan of around $172 a month.  When you get the bill (which doesn't come right away) just call billing and say you'd like a payment plan.

i had some issues with the anesthesia so the first 3 days were rough with nausea and headache.   But I had 2 c -sections and had problems recovering from the anesthesia from my 2nd one.   Recovery from the sleeve was much easier than the c-sections.  There was a little soreness around the incisions and I was exhausted for a few weeks.  I was off my pain meds after a few days and wasn't even taking Tylenol.     I took 2 1/2 weeks off from work.

Im loving the sleeve!  Feel free to ask more questions.  

Sleeved 12/3/14

kmmhadnot
on 3/11/15 10:59 am

You just made my night lol. I was up and out of the bed same day with all my sections so I am hoping that will be the case with this surgery. I know everyone is different just praying for the best. What is the best protein shake? 

NYMom38
on 3/11/15 12:12 pm

I have a few favorites..

premier protein chocolate

Unjury Vanilla with 1tbsp of PB2

Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle  with 1 Tbsp PB2

i loved Unjury chicken broth when I was on liquids

Sleeved 12/3/14

veggiegal10
on 3/11/15 12:50 pm

I had a revision there too with Dr. Weiss (same group as Dr. Rivera and I was up and out the next day.  The nurses were great as were all the OR staff.   I had a minor problem during the night but the nurses stuck around and checked in until everything was ok. 

I ended up being responsible for closer to $5,000 but that was because of my co-insurance.  And when I called to ask about the fees that Dr. Rivera charged for his assistance (apparently their insurance requires that a second surgeon be present in case something goes south) they ended up just waiving his charges, which was nice.  And they were very willing to set up a payment plan for me. 

My only complaint was that they were running terribly behind, but I guess you can't rush surgeries.  Any other questions just ask.

HW: 227lbs Weight at surgery: 209lbs CW: 153lbs GW: ~145lbs.

VSG w/ Dr. Dunnican 8/10/2009; Revision w/ Dr. Wayne Weiss 3/31/14

kmmhadnot
on 3/12/15 4:02 am

I am glad everyone had a positive experience. I am really happy to hear I will not have to pay it up front!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics