Waiting

Alit
on 3/10/15 5:14 am
VSG on 03/27/15

So I have received approval for my VSG and, as of last Tuesday, I have completed all of my required classes (per insurance), AND received the final sign-off from the shrink.  Now I  am waiting and waiting for the doctor's office to call me to schedule my appointment where they will then schedule my surgery. Seriously this waiting is torturous!  Since I have made the decision to move forward with this, everything has moved so slowly!

Before my decision, I was somewhat numb to my weight and my body image.  I have always thought I was thinner than I actually am and was shocked every time I would catch my reflection from the side or see a photo of myself.  Now, doing all the introspective work the classes required, and taking some WAY too revealing "before" photos for my own personal record, I am COMPLETELY aware of how huge I am and it has made me hate it even more. Knowing that there is a tool available to help me escape all of this fat and discomfort and pain, but dangling it out in front of me week after week is seriously starting to mess with my mind.  I can't wait to be able to comfortably tie my shoes or bend down to pick something up or walk without my knees aching. I've started stress eating because I am stressed about scheduling my weight-loss surgery!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Age 40 HW 277 SW 257 M1 -21 M2 -10

mickeymantle
on 3/10/15 5:18 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

don't wait call them

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/10/15 5:29 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The surgeon can't call to schedule until insurance approves everything, which can take around 2 weeks.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Alit
on 3/10/15 5:39 am
VSG on 03/27/15

At our last class they pretty much said, "Don't call us, we'll call you."  I have to be patient which is NOT my forte!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/10/15 5:29 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I think the two weeks of waiting for insurance to give the thumbs up was the WORST wait of the whole process!

You've totally got this, though. Just distract yourself-- I would recommend watching funny commercials from a Japanese travel agency that feature cats going on vacation!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Alit
on 3/10/15 5:40 am
VSG on 03/27/15

I will check out that link as SOON as I get to my home computer tonight!  Thanks for the distraction! :-)  Deep breaths. 

familyof6
on 3/10/15 9:34 am

If you have insurance auth, I would totally call the office or send them a friendly email:) Things fall through the cracks and you don't want it to be you:)

zballard
on 3/10/15 10:19 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

I wouldn't have a problem calling them. You won't be the first to call them nor will you be the last. just be as sweet as pie when you call.

5ft HW 244 SW      

Alit
on 3/16/15 6:38 am
VSG on 03/27/15

Thanks guys!  We are all good.  I saw the Dr today and my surgery is next Friday!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics