Maintenance what maintenance????

jameas
on 3/9/15 11:40 pm

I do weigh food on digital scale, my thyroid is great I am a nurse and all is working great. I am baffled and sad and just am cont on hoping things will change, personal trainer next . I changed up my walking 2 laps med speed then every 3 rd fast as i can go, gained 2# in that 2 weeks, noted when i do not exercise has been my best lose????? No sense when i ate carbs I had better lose it as not much but some??? I really really think we are ALL different and much factors in for each of us! What a journey and staying kind to self is where I am coosing to stand and keep trying but going back to my protein shakes I thought would really help but not!

jameas
on 3/9/15 11:43 pm

I do weigh food on digital scale, my thyroid is great I am a nurse and all is working great. I am baffled and sad and just am cont on hoping things will change, personal trainer next . I changed up my walking 2 laps med speed then every 3 rd fast as i can go, gained 2# in that 2 weeks, noted when i do not exercise has been my best lose????? No sense when i ate carbs I had better lose it as not much but some??? I really really think we are ALL different and much factors in for each of us! What a journey and staying kind to self is where I am coosing to stand and keep trying but going back to my protein shakes I thought would really help but not!

PaulaToronto
on 3/10/15 7:27 am - Toronto, Canada

I eat around 100 grams of protein per day, less than 20 grams of carbs and a maybe 1 cup of veg per day and lots of water.  I weigh everything too.  I eat eggs, cheeses, turkey, chicken, pork and beef, all meats are lean.  I don't eat any bread or potatoes or rice or pasta or any prepackaged foods.  I stay away from nuts, although good for us, they have way too many calories.  At the two year mark it is harder to lose than it was during year one and stalls lasts longer too.  Has anything changed in the last while, stress, sleep, exercise, adding small amounts of snack food, alchohol?  If you don't already journal what you eat, do so and see if you can spot areas you can make changes.  Age does make a difference in our metabolism.  Change up what you are doing exercise wise and try to build some muscle if you can.  I do this by changing my regular walking on a treadmill to interval hill training on a treadmill.  Yes we are all different and you will have to figure out what works for you.  Nobody said this was going to be easy.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

White Dove
on 3/10/15 7:52 am - Warren, OH

For about one year after RNY I ate the same as usual and stayed the same but did not lose anymore.  My metabolism is much slower after surgery and I eat less every year to stay the same weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics